[ 29 ] it's kind of the point

all I'm gonna say is go listen to come back... be here by Taylor Swift and imagine it being from Stiles' POV ...

IT'S KIND OF THE POINT

TWO MONTHS without Aspen Carter around, and no sign of her ever coming back, was sending Stiles off the deep end.

He made sure to send those texts every day, hoping there was that slither of hope that one day she'd send one back— just to let him know she was still alive out there somewhere.

The last time he saw her was that night outside the animal clinic.

Sometimes his worry over her kept him up at night, and those nights he did actually get sleep, they were often nightmares. These nightmares where he could never tell if he was really waking up or not.

When he woke up from this one, he was breathing heavily, sweat was glistening from his forehead, and he shot up from his bed to sit up. He ran a hand through his sweaty hair, letting out a deep sigh.

"Stiles? You okay?"

Stiles turned to his side to see Aspen sat up right beside him, comforting him by circling the pad of her thumb over his palm, and using her other hand to rub up and down his arm calmly.

Stiles let out another deep breath as he intertwined his fingers with hers, squeezing their hands three times like they often did to silently tell each other they loved them.

"Yeah, I just had this dream," he said softly, "It was weird, like— a dream within a dream..."

"Like a nightmare?"

"Yeah..."

He held her hand for a few seconds before he lifted his head up again and furrowed his brows together.

"Wait..." he said questioningly, turning his head to look at her, "Aspen, what're you doing here?"

"What are you talking about?" Aspen laughed softly, smiling angelically at Stiles.

"You..." Stiles whispered confusedly, "You're not... you're not here anymore."

"Stiles you're confusing me," the brunette furrowed her brows, "I'm right here..."

Stiles narrowed his eyes at her, not understanding how or why she was right here, right beside him in his bed, when he hadn't seen her in two months. It didn't make sense.

"Come on— let's just go back to bed, okay?" Aspen tried to tell him, holding her soft hand up to cup his face comfortingly.

Stiles turned to the door of his bedroom which was now creaking open, and his brows pinched together even more as he stared at it.

"I'm just gonna close the door, okay?" Stiles said as he started to get out of his bed.

"Just do it in the morning," Aspen tried to persuade him, "Come back to bed with me..."

"What if someone gets in?"

"Like who?"

"I'm not sure..."

Despite Aspen telling him not to get out of bed, Stiles slowly walked over to the door in attempt to close it. He was expecting some more objections from the brunette as he got closer, but just as his hand touched the door handle, she spoke up again, but it wasn't an objection.

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

...

"You know," Aspen spoke to the Raeken boy as he dropped her off at the airport, "I'm surprised you were so eager to help me out."

"You're just lucky I always happened to like you," Theo replied out the window of the car, "And that I was willing to help out an old friend."

"Don't flatter yourself by calling yourself my friend." she said back with sass.

Theo laughed off her comment, throwing her a friendly smirk as she was about to take off.

"Hey Aspen?" he spoke just as she was turning around.

Aspen turned back over her shoulder, her shorter brown locks flying in the wind as she looked back at the boy.

"You know those things are gonna follow you, right?" Theo warned her.

"I know," Aspen smirked, "They're gonna follow me all the way back to Beacon Hills...

It's kind of the point."

...

Hours later, Aspen landed back in Beacon County, and a smirkish smile crept up on her lips when she realised she was happier to be back than she thought she would.

This is going to be fun, she thought.

Deucalion was a very rich man. Aspen never questioned how or where he got all his money from, but that didn't stop her from stealing some of it for herself before Theo helped her get away from New Orleans.

Yes, Aspen robbed her own father.

She found a black duffle-bag that had a couple thousand dollars worth of cash in it. It was the only luggage she brought with her. It would be enough to get some new clothes— that is, if she didn't just steal them. It would also be enough to find somewhere to stay for however long she'd be in town.

She didn't quite feel it would be appropriate to move back in with the McCalls.

She quickly hailed a cab as she left the airport, and when asked 'where to?' she answered with,

"Beacon Hills," she spoke, "Do you think you could get me directly to the high school?"

"Course I can." the cab driver responded.

Aspen sank into the leather back-seat, and gazed out the window as she drove closer and closer to the town she once called home. She wondered if anything had changed since she left, she wondered if the people had changed. She wondered what they were going to think of her— and imagining the look on their faces when they saw she was nothing like she was two months ago made her smirk with excitement.

Most of all, she amused herself imagining Stiles' reaction when he found out she couldn't give less of a damn about him anymore.

//

i know this chapter is SO short— but we all know what's coming next sooo😏