Chapter 13: Madoc Steele

"What is it?"

"There's a bit of a situation."

Fiona takes the vague answer as her cue to leave, kissing me on the cheek as if she's saying be careful. Without words needed, I run upstairs to get changed quickly, kissing her on the head before sliding my cut on. I push Bullet out the apartment door, closing and locking it behind me.

"You never lock your door."

"I've got someone else in there now."

"You liiiikkkeee her."

"You just ruined my breakfast by almost breaking my door open, made me leave Fiona, and you still think it's smart to tease me?"

He gulps, his hands slightly shaking.

"Do you, Bullet?"

"No, I don't."

"Then why the fuck are you bothering me?"

"I told you, we have a situation."

"What type of situation?"

"A fashion situation."

"You're telling me that you ruined my whole morning because of a fashion situation?!"

"You should see his outfit, Reaper. He's going to the other chapter since you couldn't do it, and he's going to offend them with what he's wearing. A full-on war, okay? You understand that this is an emergency."

"No, I don't understand why this is an emergency. No one is dying, no one has a broken limb, and no one has started a war with anyone. This does not classify-"

"Reaper, you are wasting time by arguing with me."

"I will kill you."

"No, you won't."

"Why wouldn't I? Tell me, why would I not kill you?"

"One word. Fiona. 'Cause you like her."

I take a deep breath, my chest shuddering in anger as I exhale.

"So...you comin'?"

I glance back at the door to hear soft music playing from the inside of my home. I think for a moment but end up nodding my head in agreement. She sounds perfectly fine, and I'm sure nothing is going to happen to her. It's only helping with an outfit choice, then I'll be right back. 

I follow behind Bullet, my feet dragging in desperation to walk in the opposite direction. I start my bike, waiting for him to go first, so I can travel trailing him and not get lost on where I'm supposed to be going. I'm surprised when we get to Alpha's house, four more motorcycles sitting in the driveway. 

The bar is usually home base for this kind of thing, but I guess something happened or this is an actual fashion show. Bullet pushes open the door to reveal Alpha, Vegas, and Whiskey sitting on his couch - a cold beer in hand with their feet kicked up on the coffee table. 

That is utterly disgusting. Do they even know how many germs are on the bottom of their shoes? And they are putting them on a table? My face must have been scrunched up because they all kick their feet off the table and leave them back on the hardwood floors.

"I heard about a fashion emergency."

Vegas huffs, shaking his head towards Bullet.

"Of all the other men in this club, you chose the one that's gonna hurt his feelings the most."

"Sometimes tough love works."

"Except for Poison. We have to protect our soft boy. I don't want him to cry."