Chapter 8

the way im binging junkyu vids tho ^

-------------------

Jake POV

"Take a right and there you have the store," Jay informed through the earpiece as he munched on something. Right now he's guiding me towards the store that holds the love of his life. I grabbed a face mask and my wallet and got out of the car, eyeing the store.

"You want this piece of shit?" I questioned as I saw the pc Jay wanted in the window, I cringed at the size of it. "Do I look like I have enough muscle to lift that hunk of junk?" I complained.

"No but you're going to get it anyway because you love me," He bragged before I heard a slurping sound. He really out here having a full course meal while I play butler for him. I guess it's the bare minimum if I want him to keep hacking for my thieving. 

There was a bit of noise on the other side of the earpiece before I heard Jay speak, "I told you don't wander into random rooms!" He kinda sounded like he was scolding something/someone. "Is there someone there Jay?" I questioned the hacker.

"Uh haha what do you mean? There's no one here? Nope, nada, zero now hurry up and get that computer, buy it if you must." He quickly spoke, I heard some shuffling before a door slammed shut but nonetheless shrugged and continued to get the pc. Jay must be acting like an idiot again with his VR set.

Do I feel nice today?? Should I buy the pc??

....

Nahhh let's be mischievous.

I entered the stoor and pretended to look around, opening the coin section in my wallet in the process. "Excuse me- AH!" I turned around to ask the only staff member currently working a question, making sure to hit my hand on one of the shelves when turning. 

I dropped my wallet and all the coins fell out whilst I gripped my hand, putting on a hurt expression as I shut my eyes tight and fake winced.

"Oh sir are you okay?! Here let me come help!" The staff member came and started picking up all the coins. "Thank you so much," I dropped down and helped in picking up the coins, studying the staff members item belt they were wearing.

Hmm... ac remote, a few pens, aha there we go, a ring of keys.

"Oh thank you thank you thank you," I repeated in a thankful voice before pulling the staff into a hug long enough for me to grab the keys. I pulled back and bowed multiple times, shoving the keys into my pocket. 

"Oh no problem sir, you were calling me before, correct?" They reassured me, I looked up and did a proper analysis of the male before me. Short, cat-like eyes... Oh god, it's Jungwon, he literally works everywhere. Thank fuck for my mask. "U-uh yeah! Yeah, I did call for you actually..."

On second thought, I think I'll buy the pc instead- I cautiously pulled the keys back out of my pocket and looked behind Jungwon onto the floor, pretending to be surprised. I leaned behind him and bent down, shaking the keys a bit to make a lot of noise as if I was picking them up, "You dropped this!"

"Ah thank you I didn't realize," he flashed his signature cat-like smile in gratitude. "Also, could I buy that pc please?" I pointed to Jay's future partner on the shelf.

Time skip

I placed the box containing the heavy piece of tech into the boot. Jungwon was talking something about being the only store open despite some murdering case, I wasn't really listening not going to lie. I just realized Jay's been really quiet.

"Dude I blocked the toilet, I accidentally dropped a whole roll of toilet paper into it and now it looks constipated." I banged my head onto the wheel, of course, he did. "What does a constipated toilet even look like?" "The toilet I just blocked."

I'm not even gonna continue the conversation anymore. "Oh yeah I'll be going to the orphanage to donate the money," I informed him, "but wait what about the lockd-" I turned off my earpiece so I could drive in peace without Jay ranting about weird things in my ear every 2 minutes or so.

Jay POV

What an idiot. Jake AND me are idiots. I forgot to inform him about the murderer and the lockdown. As for him being an idiot, he turned off the earpiece. "JAYY!!" Sunghoon screamed from downstairs, I smelt a familiar burnt aroma. Did he burn- are you fucking kidding me-

I ran- actually no I slid down the railing of the stairs and dashed to get the fire extinguisher, I forgot to ask If Sunghoon could cook or not. I had to find out the hard way I guess.

"YOU IDIOT HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!" I screamed over the noise of the fire extinguisher as I sprayed it all over the stove top. "I LEFT THE STOVE ON AND DUMPED A TEA TOWEL ON TOP OF IT!" he panic yelled back.

After a few minutes of panicking, screaming and cleaning up I went to put the fire extinguisher away, "What happened." A voice demanded, shocking Sunghoon and me.

"HOLY SHIT-" I panicked, spraying Jake with the fire extinguisher out of a shock reflex. Sunghoon covered his mouth, standing in the kitchen. I think I forgot about the bit where Jake would come back. The entire house filled with a scary silence before I tried to break it, "haha... I thought you were going to the orphanage...?" 

The said male stayed silent, giving the both of us a death glare. "1. Why are you holding a fire extinguisher? 2. Why the fuck is Sunghoon here? and 3. the orphanage was shut because of a lockdown I didn't know about."

"I-" I started before getting cut off by Jake. "Actually you can tell me tomorrow, I'm going to my room." He looked both of us up and down before heading to his room. 

Sunghoon let out a long sigh as soon as Jake was out of sight. "Jaeyoon is your roommate?!!" He screeched.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

----------------