Chapter 9

no bc if enha were to come out as soundcloud rappers, jungwons user would be yung_jung1😰😎

-----------

Jake POV

So you're telling me I'm stuck living with 2 idiotic beanstalks for a deadass week and that of all people, it HAD to be Park Sunghoon. A cop who I literally met like 2 days ago AND he doesn't even know my occupation or my real name. What a small world we live in.

Not going to lie, so far Sunghoon has been pretty decent to deal with other than when he-

"Hey Jay, wanna know my favorite tea?" Sunghoon leaned on the doorframe with his hands in his pocket and that never-leaving smirk plastered on his face. He is an actual representation of the lipbite emoji.

"No I do not want to know your favorite tea, for all I know you could be drinking your own piss. Now fuck off unless you want me to electrocute you." Jay threatened, holding up the end of a wire from the pc he was setting up.

"Geez, anyway, Jaeyoon-" He turned towards me to finish his pickup line on instead. "Oh hell no," I sprinted down the stairs with Sunghoon tailing behind me, "STOP RUNNING I JUST WANT TO FINISH MY LINE!!"

"NO YOUR LINES ARE SHIT AND THEY MAKE ME LOSE BRAIN CELLS!" I yelled back at him, sliding across the table as I did so. I pulled chairs behind me to block his way and ran through the halls. I guess you could call Jay and I's house pretty big, not like mafia mansion kind of big but it's a decently big size with 3 floors and a basement although we like keeping the basement secretive because that's where we plan our crime-doings.

Don't worry no weapons in this house other than kitchen knives, that switchblade I stole, and Jay. The basement's just filled with a map of the city, plans on how to safely get in and out, and information on various things... and a shit ton of precious items I stole.

I ran through the hallways into a spare guest room and locked the door before jumping out the window. I climbed up one of the trees in the front yard and leaned back, relaxing into the cold breeze. Occasionally looking through the living room windows to see Sunghoon searching around.

Wouldn't hurt to go and steal a few things while he acts like a lost puppy. I pat my pockets to check if I had my phone on me and thANK JISOOS I DID. Plus murderers don't usually come out during the day, right? What a shitty lockdown.

I jumped down the tree and started walking through the front yard to the footpath before sprinting as I heard the front door open. "JAKE THERE'S NO USE IN RUNNING I'M PROBABLY FASTER!" Sunghoon yelled, sprinting behind me.

He may be faster I mean, he IS a cop however we're not gonna overlook the fact that I'm a self-proclaimed professional thief. I ankle burned Sunghoon once I can do it again, but this time without violence.

We ran and ran until eventually, he caught up with me. "fi...nally..." we both panted with me lying on the floor and Sunghoon having his hands on his knees. 

"Just say the goddamn pickup line," I said through heavy breaths, my hand on my stomach.

"Do you wanna know my favorite kind of tea?" He still managed to smirk even when out of breath. "Fucking hell... What's your favorite kind of tea Sunghoon?" I answered.

"You... shawTEA," he winked at the end. I sat up and buried my head into my knees, "that HAS to be the worst one yet," I sighed. Disappointed but not surprised.

"Uh Jaeyoon, where are we by the way?" He suddenly asked, causing me to look around and analyze our surroundings. Oh god, we're lost.

"We're... uh... I-" I started, trying to remember the route we took to get here but a voice cut me off. Sunghoon and I both hid behind a bush by instinct.

"-can't kill --- --- though. We were hired to just kill random people to cover up the trace of the gang he's targetting. If they knew he had a certain group of people to kill in mind then they would go straight to those people to protect them, our job is to kill extras to make it seem like a killing spree with random people." The voice said we eavesdropped into the conversation however due to our distance we couldn't make out everything that was being said, therefore, leaving a few muffled words in the sentence.

Sunghoon and I exchanged glances, were these the 'serial killers' on the loose? 

'Dude we need to get out of here,' Sunghoon mouthed towards me. Of course, we need to get out, but we don't know where we are and whether they have weapons on them. 

'Check for weapons,' I mouthed back. He gave me a confused look so I acted out a gun and knife and then pointed to the men. He once again shrugged, rolling my eyes I leaned over to whisper, "can you see any weapons on them?" Since he was closer to the edge of the bush and was taller.

He peeked over the top of the bush, analyzing the two men for a bit before hiding back down behind the bush. "The short one has a knife and the other is unarmed, their pockets look pretty empty but I'm not fully sure," he explained.

"Would it be fine to run for it then?" I questioned, "Yeah-" Sunghoon snapped a small twig under his foot, I glared at him as he silently chanted curses in his head.

"Who's there?" One of the men asked, goddamn all I wanted was to get rid of Sunghoon so I wouldn't have to hear another horrible line, and here I am. Stuck with him and 2 serial killers we're supposed to be locked at home from.

"Time to dip!" Sunghoon yelled before grabbing my hand and sprinting down the unfamiliar path. Hopefully, those men aren't skilled in long-range combat with their knives and have shit aim because if they didn't and threw that knife at us... I volunteer Sunghoon as a sacrifice- Ehem anyways.

I glanced back and was confused to see the 2 men had stopped and had bummed-out/confused expressions on their faces? Aren't either Sunghoon or I supposed to be dead about now? Oh well, more jewelry for me I guess. I hope Jay doesn't find the time to put all of our belongings out the house when we get back.

-----------------