one

today, 1:24 AM

hu tao !
guys 👹

benny😹⁉️
what

v e n t i < 3
huh

hu tao !
[photo attached]

benny😹⁉️
IS THAT CHONGYUN SLEEPING WHAT

xingqiu<3
ur creepy wtf

xiao.
wh

xingqiu<3
ur weird hu tao

hu tao !
thx i have ur baby teeth ok gn losers

xingqiu<3
WHAT??
NO COME BACK
HU TAO
EXPLAIN

benny😹⁉️
LMFAOO
———————————————————————————
chongyun fluttered his eyes open as he heard shouting in the hallway. who was waking him up so early? and why in summer?

"wake up children of this household!" he heard from the hallway. oh god. not this again.

he sleepily got out of bed and headed to the door, which his father had opened. he didn't even bear to check his phone. he met his other siblings, hu tao and xiao, who were basically sliding across the carpet barely awake.

"alright, now that you're all awake—" zhongli got interrupted.

"first off, why are you waking us up this early? in summer?" hu tao groaned, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

"er, well—" zhongli started. "your father and i forgot to say we're leaving early for another meeting in liyue. and we won't be back until sunday, so we wanted to have a proper goodbye."

"you seriously forgot?" xiao replied, annoyed.

"i'm sorry guys, i don't know how i could forget, but we have to go soon. childe is getting some food for the car ride."

"it's fine, dad." chongyun shrugged it off.

"i literally stayed up until 1 am last night i can't do this today." hu tao yawned.

"sorry kiddo, could you at least stay awake until we leave?"

chongyun looked at the time. 4:58 AM.

"i guess." hu tao replied.

"great! i'll make you guys some breakfast for later." zhongli grinned, stepping down the stairs.

everyone went back into their bedrooms and chongyun opened his phone.
———————————————————————————

today, 5:01 AM

chongyun<3
what the fuck tao

hu tao !
syop i can batkey keep mu eyea open

chongyun<3
yk what good
😹

hu tao !
i hate you

chongyun<3
love u too sis

———————————————————————————
zhongli called down everyone to say goodbye. tiredly, everyone came down one by one.

"bye guys, don't do anything stupid." zhongli gave a hug to his kids.

"don't burn the house down!" childe chuckled. "hu tao, you're in charge.

"ugh alright," hu tao said, hugging childe goodbye.

as they left, hu tao and xiao practically collapsed on different areas on the couch.

"hah, who's in charge now?" chongyun jokingly murmured to himself has he headed upstairs.

since he had nothing better to do, he put on some music and went back to sleep. this is what he usually does anyway. he rolled on his side and pulled his blanket up. he closed his eyes, trying to focus his mind on the music.

hours pass, and it's almost 9 AM. chongyun sits up and scrolls through his phone mindlessly. he didn't acknowledge how much time went by, that he heard a knock on his door.

"are you gonna eat or what? dad made us strawberry waffles," hu tao said, leaning on chongyun's door frame.

"huh? oh, yeah i'm coming," chongyun sat up and walked downstairs with hu tao.

chongyun rested his head on his hand, having his elbow on the table. he ate slowly until he was finished. he sat on the couch with xiao and hu tao, as xiao was scrolling on his phone.

"what should we do today?" hu tao asked, turning the tv on.

"i don't know." chongyun said, staring at the tv.

"well since they're gone, we don't really have to ask to have anyone over, so." hu tao said, snatching xiao's phone from his hand. "are you listening? invite your boyfriend or something."

"eh? i don't have a boyfriend. how give it back." xiao crossed his arms.

"alright i'll invite venti and xingqiu over then losers." hu tao said, tossing xiao's phone in his lap.

"hu tao, don't act like ur not gay either," chongyun pointed out.

"oh shut upp," hu tao said, scurrying away.

soon enough, xingqiu and venti arrived.

chongyun heard a knock. "hey," a voice called.

he looked over at the door to see xingqiu. chongyun quickly pulled down his baggy hoodie and got up to meet his best friend.

"can i sleepover? i swear i'll be bored tonight." xingqiu said as he sat on the floor of chongyun's room.

"sure, i think that's fine. i think venti is sleeping over, too." chongyun replied, scratching an itch on his head.

"sweet! can we watch big mouth or something later??"

"sure, i guess." chongyun really just wanted to be alone tonight, but he didn't want to disappoint someone he cared about.

🤗

a/n hey so this is the first chapter of this fic, i have a few ideas for it so yea! i'll maybe upload later tonight or tomorrow!! if you're here since my original fic thank you for supporting me and i hope you liked this first chapter!!