four

a/n hey it's been a month lol i'm so sorry for updating so slow i'm trying to update more often

chongyun woke up to the sound of the front door creaking open. he had nearly forgotten his dads were coming home that day.

he slouched downstairs showing slight excitement his dads were home.

zhongli looked over to hug chongyun.

"miss us?" childe said examining the kitchen making sure nothing is broken or out of place.

"haha yeah," chongyun said awkwardly.

"well it's barely 6:30, you should go back to bed. me and childe have some unpacking to do." zhongli smiled and began walking to his bedroom. childe ruffled chongyun's hair on his way out.

chongyun wasn't at all that tired, so instead he decided to shower. the hot water streamed down his face as he lathered his hair with shampoo. all the thoughts he didn't want to think were shooing off. chongyun stepped out of the shower and dried his hair off and put on clean clothing. already 7:00.

he went into the living room and lied down on the couch. he scrolled through his phone glancing at notifications. chongyun suddenly got a heart stopping notification. it was her.

his eyes widened and he sat up. hey. we haven't talked in a while. chongyun didn't know what to do in the moment. he never wanted to hear from her ever, and chongyun thought she would never contact him again.

he shut off his phone and frantically went to his room. he closed his blinds and soon felt light headed. oh why, where would she get the guts to text him again. chongyun was angry, and scared. he paced around the room, tears forming in his eyes. funny how one text would make him panic.

after the horrible things she did to him he would still get the flashbacks. that one message brought it all back.

chongyun began to hear ringing in his ears and the tears were falling. his breath escalated and he tried to calm down. he silently sobbed into his knees as he sank to the floor. he started shaking and it began to be hard to control his breathing.

he heard his door open to see xiao and zhongli with concerned looks on their faces.

"oh my, what happened??" zhongli hurried over to chongyun and hugged him.

"it's alright my dear, i'm here now. take deep breaths." zhongli hushed him and rubbed his back.

chongyun slowly pulled away from the hug as xiao sat down next to them.

"do you want to talk about it?" zhongli asked as xiao put an arm over chongyun's shoulder.

"no, not right now." chongyun replied coldly.

they both left the room as chongyun leaned his head back on his wall. he blamed himself over and over for being over dramatic. eventually he sat on the staircase looking through the railing to see zhongli and childe quietly chatting about something important. chongyun knew it was about him.

it was only 9 in the morning and chongyun mainly slept. he missed calls and texts from xingqiu, ignoring every notification he gets. he would sense someone checking on him every few minutes but he hardly opened his eyes for a long period of time.

chongyun knew something was going to happen soon. she would not just text without reasoning. he exhaustedly got up and wrote on a sticky note "it's getting bad again" and stuck it under his desk.

a/n hey sorry this chapter is short but i'll try to update whenever i can hopefully i can update this weekend maybe lol
also zhongli being a soft dad woah??
and sorry for the lack of xingyun this might be slow haha
anyways i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter <3