30. 𝐼 𝐶𝑎𝑛 𝐷𝑜 𝐼𝑡 𝑀𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓

⚠️Disclaimer/Trigger Warning ⚠️
This chapter contains violence and sexual content. Read at your discretion.

Queen

"Once these doors open, you are the perfect fucking wife. Do you understand me?" Dimitri asked as he gripped my chin roughly. I looked around at the empty limousine, knowing I was on my own, and I nodded.

"Okay."

"Now," he said as he moved his hand to the back of my neck. "Kiss me."

I moved away but he brought my face towards his and pushed his lips against mine. I kept my mouth closed but he somehow managed to get through, and on instinct, I bit down.

He winced loudly in pain and moved away from me. His hand moved to his lip and he wiped the blood off of him. "You're still fighting me," he said with a laugh. "I thought I got that out of you last night."

"It was an accident," I said emotionlessly. It was a lot easier to deal with him when I had my walls up.

His hand connected with my face in a hard slap and I resisted the urge to laugh out loud. I was terrified of him, but every time he laid a hand on me, yelled at me...touched me, I planned what I would do to him when this was over.

I took a deep breath and moved my hair out of my face and looked back at him. If I wanted to find out more information, I needed to do exactly as he wanted.

Time to be the perfect wife.

I took his hand into mine and smiled at him. "I'm sorry, I'm just a little nervous for tonight."

The best lies to tell, we're the ones that were closest to the truth. Tonight was Juva's annual gala and there would be a frenzy of celebrities from all corners of the world. Since Dimitri and I were the special guests for tonight, we'd be having an interview that will be broadcasted across all news channels and radios.

I just hoped that Syn wouldn't be watching it.

Dimitri smiled and laid a hand over mine. "I understand the nerves, Princess. But I'm here for you, always."

I plastered a grin on my face as he lifted my hand to his lips and I held back the bile that was close to escaping me. I hated when he called me "Princess". At first, I thought it was to scare me, but now I think it's more. It's like he's trying to become Syn.

He made me give up the necklace Syn gave me and I was now forced to wear a new ruby necklace that he got for me. It felt disgusting to wear and my skin burned at the area it made contact with but I put up with it.

The car came to a stop and Dimitri locked eyes with me one more time. "Behave yourself." Our door opened and I watched as the Dimitri who spent hours hurting me, changed into Juva's sweetheart.

His blonde hair was neatly slicked back and he wore a charming grin on his face as he held my hand and exited the car. The screams from the crowd were almost deafening as we walked onto the golden carpet.

The cameras were nonstop flashing but I put on a beautiful mask that was well suited to Dimitri's and walked on. The security held back the crowds as we walked up the stairs and to the large double doors.

"Queen!" They screamed.

"Will you get back with Syn?!"

"When is the wedding?!"

I ignored them all until a pesky journalist grabbed my arm and shoved a mic in my face. "Is it true now that Mr. SinClaire is back, you'll leave Dimitri?!" She yelled over the loud crowd.