Chapter 1

Eiji

Eiji was uncomfortable

He had not been in such a crowded space in a long time. There were people of all ages there, yet he still felt out of place, like he did not fit in anywhere in the entire room.

He came yesterday, at dark, ate dinner, and went to bed. Only to wake up and spend the entire day out

It had been about 6 years since Ash. It still haunted Eiji to this day. Almost every night, he would wake up in a sweat, the feeling of Shorter's cold body still imprinted on his, Ash's face still fresh in his mind.

If asked, Eiji was over it, he talked to Ibe-san, Max, and even Sing, about how he was fine. Although, in the back of his head, he knew. Knew that no one thought that he was fine.

Theoretically, he had moved on. Yes, he was living in America, a decision that would never had been made 7 years ago. And yes, he could not look at Ash's pictures, in all their glory. Technically, he couldn't go a week without breaking down and not being mentally present for a little bit.

But, he could think about Ash without breaking down, a feat that was crucial in his life. Ash was playing on a constant loop in his head. He saw a bookstore, he would have bought something for Ash. He took pain medicine, Ash would not have. He made natto, Ash would have hatted it and he would have loved making him eat it.

Anyone who did not know Eiji pre-Ash would think he was fine. A little quiet, but nothing wrong. That was the exact opposite of what was actually happening.

Back to the present, Eiji needed to focus on the job at hand, not Ash. He shoved those thoughts away and brought in the ones that pertained to the situation at hand.

He was back in Japan, after 5 years of living in America. His cousin, Ritsuka Uenoyama, was performing in his band, and Eiji's family had been telling him to come back for a while. Eiji was in between projects at the moment, and this was the perfect time to take pictures, and just visit his family, who he missed greatly.

At the moment, no one in his family knew of what really happened in the States, if they did he would not be allowed to go back home. Even though it used to be, Japan did not exactly seem to be his home anymore, he still felt attached to it, but if he had to choose, he would get back on the plane and go to the US.

Eiji sighed. He was slightly worried about the visit. His family, namely his cousin, were very adamant about figuring out what happened all those years ago and why he wanted to move to America in the first place. They never really bought the whole story, and usually Eiji could've just talk around it, and if worse cae to worst, he could just hang up the phone, but you can't really do that in real life.

He fiddled with the contents of his pocket, waiting fo his cousin to go on. He had a small, black, case, which he had assembled while he was in the United States, the first time he was there. It contained a single picture, it was one that had him, Ash, and Shorter, on their trip to LA. He had not looked at it, but he took it everywhere he went.

'Wow, this band has been going on for so long', he thought. Others seemed to notice as well. He also heard someone say that Uenoyama's band was next, so he got his camera ready.

With the band

Uenoyama had just gotten back, and they were getting ready to set up.

"So, is anyone here for you, Uenoyama?"  Haruki asked

"Yeah, if you look out there, near the middle back, you can see him, he is the one with the really long hair,"

they all peeked their heads out to see what Uenoyama was referring to.

"Who is that?" Akihiko asked, "I've never seen him before,"

"Oh yeah, I guess you haven't, that's my cousin, he lives in America, so I don't see him that much, I haven't seen him in person since I was 10 with the exception of when he got here yesterday, but we do occasionally FaceTime,"

Uenoyama was exited to talk to his cousin more, he never really felt that close with his extended family, but Eiji was an exception. Of what he could remember, Eiji used to be much more outgoing and talkative, but that might have just been something only he thought. Eiji also used to look happier,
and that was evident in his pictures.

"Wow, his hair really is long," Mafuyu commented

"Yeah, he could give Haruki a run for his money. It's strange, he won't let anyone cut it, my aunt tried to, and he wouldn't let her, not even a trim." Uenoyama
said

"That is strange," Haruki said, " but hey, to each their own,"

"Yeah, I guess," Uenoyama replied "oh, I think that it is time to set up." With that, they all walked out, and set the stage

"Looks like they left the mic up. It's not really in the way, so should we just leave it? You decided not to sing, right? Or are we going with the Lalala strategy?" Haruki asked.

"Mafuyu, hey you're staring off into space. Where are you looking?" Uenoyama said.

"Got it all out of your system, Uecchi?" Haruki asked once again,

"Yeah. When I accidentally snapped the string..." Mafuyu had accidentally snapped his string earlier, but Uenoyama had managed to get him a new one in time.

Everyone was ready now, and they all stood near each other.

"Let's have fun!" They said, and stood in silence as the curtain raised,  and they stood in silence, ready to start.

Everything was completely ready now, and with that, the music started.

Author Note
1009 words

I haven't seen any of these shows in a while and I switched up a couple of facts

I am writing this on my phone so I am sorry if there are typos

Tell me your thoughts ——————->