Chapter 4

As they made their way back to the venue, Eiji's mind raced with conflicting emotions. He felt both anxious and hopeful about finding the black box. Part of him feared what would happen if he couldn't retrieve it, while another part was uncertain about facing the memories it contained. Upon arriving at the venue, Eiji's heart sank as he realized the enormity of the task ahead. The place was bustling with people setting up for another event, and the chances of finding his lost possession seemed slim. Nevertheless, he pressed on, scouring every corner he could remember being in the previous night.

Uenoyama stood by his side, offering silent support as Eiji frantically searched. Eventually, after what felt like an eternity, a glimmer of hope appeared in the form of a security guard who had found the black box amidst the debris left from the previous night's event. Relief flooded through Eiji as he clutched the box tightly in his hands. It was a small victory, but to him, it meant everything. With a grateful nod to the security guard, he turned to Uenoyama, a weak smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Thank you for helping me find this,"

Eiji said, his voice laced with emotion. Uenoyama simply nodded in response, understanding the significance of the moment. He didn't pry further, sensing that some things were best left unsaid. As they made their way back to the hotel, Eiji felt a weight lift off his shoulders. He knew that facing his past wouldn't be easy, but having the photograph back in his possession gave him a sense of closure he hadn't realized he needed.

That evening, as Eiji sat in his hotel room, he finally mustered the courage to open the black box. Inside, nestled amongst a few personal trinkets, was the photograph he had carried with him for so long. As he gazed at the smiling faces of Ash and Shorter, a bittersweet warmth washed over him. In that moment, Eiji allowed himself to feel a sense of gratitude for the time he had spent with them, despite the pain it had brought.

And as he placed the photograph back into the box, he made a silent vow to honor their memory by living his life to the fullest, embracing both the joys and the sorrows that came his way. With newfound resolve, Eiji closed the box and set it aside, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

And as he drifted off to sleep that night, he carried with him a sense of peace he hadn't felt in years, knowing that no matter what the future held, he would always carry Ash and Shorter's memory in his heart.

Author Notes
and its done!!
not the best story ive ever written, but Im glad that I finished it
tell me your thoughts in the comments!

Goodbye जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें