3.11

"Single Fright Female"

A white dressing sat stark around the middle of Hanna Marin's right thigh

A white dressing sat stark around the middle of Hanna Marin's right thigh. With a bunch of skirts and trousers Halle had been forced into bringing over that Monday morning, Hanna still tried to make her own body-con skirts work.

Hanna let out an enormous sigh. "Okay — nothing fits over this," she complained, as she attempted to drag the tight material down a couple more inches, but it simply rose back up.

"Well, Hanna, if we just wait until your mom leaves," Spencer pointed out, her stood by the long mirror that Hanna inspected her reflection in, "then we don't have to sneak around—"

"No, I am not going to school with a big open wound!" whined Hanna.

"I thought you said Wren stitched it up," Spencer defended.

"He did," Hanna inserted, "but I have to let it breathe or else it could get infected."

"Which is why I brought options," Halle chimed. She gestured to the spot on the bed beside her with at least seven different bottoms for Hanna to go through.

"But I like skinny jeans, not these," Hanna argued.

"Then wear one of the skirts," Halle said, picking up one of the bias-cut skirts she grabbed from her closet this morning. "I brought them over too."

"It's gonna sit funny on my waist," Hanna whined.

"Han, you can't afford to be picky," Halle shot back. "It's this or—" She tried to think but came up empty, "I don't know, but none of your skirts are gonna work."

With only one viable option, Hanna travelled back to her white wardrobes and pulled out a ghastly looking thing from the back.

"Whoa—" Spencer took it in, more amused than horrified like Halle was. "When did you get that?" she asked.

"Eighth grade," Hanna stated, as she shimmied out of her shorter skirt.

Halle reproached, "You can't wear that, that's disgusting."

While Spencer still poked fun, "Did it come with castanets?"

"It's not Spanish, it's Greek," Hanna informed. "I played Peasant Lady in Mamma Mia." She tightened it around the waist by folding it up on the hem. "Can you give me some pins, please? My sewing kit is there."

Spencer moved out of the way so Hanna could stand fully in front of the mirror. "I don't remember you in Mamma Mia."

"Good — because I looked fat and hideous and I had to stand next to a cardboard goat," Hanna ranted, as Halle came to pin up the back. "I can sew it after, I don't fancy being stabbed all day."

"Because one stabbing ain't enough for you," Halle quipped.

"Exactly." Hanna said. Her face scrunched up as she tried to style her sheer, sleeveless blouse into a bow but failed.