Home

After our plane landed Luana and I made our way into the city

Sitting in the Uber I stared out the car window, a big smile forming on my face seeing the familiar buildings.

"Wow, I came here once as a kid, and I remember it being hectic and busy, but this is some next- level shit," Luana stated looking onto the busy streets of Manhattan.

I chuckled at her, smiling at the way her excitement as we entered midtown.

"We're definitely going sightseeing today right?" She asked turning her head to look at me.

"I don't know Lou, shouldn't we rest. We have to get up early tomorrow to meet with the real estate agent, and go searching for jobs," I answered her biting my lip.

"Girl, it is 11 in the morning, I'm not messing up my sleep schedule going to bed this early. And I didn't come here to just work and go home like back in the islands. There's too much shit to do here for me to be staying home. Are you crazy?" She looked at me as if I was out of my mind. "I came to shut this city down, I don't know about you, right uhhh..." she trailed off picking up her phone opening the Uber app.

Her head shot back up as she finished "Benny." she said looking at the driver. He chuckled at my crazy friend.

"Right miss, you came to shut the shit down," he says entertaining her.

"Yea! Benny!" She whooped. "Shutting shit down, we shutting shit down, uh huh uh huh, we shutting it down," she sang.

I have her an incredulous look. Luana was a wild one, unlike me who's always reserved and in my bubble. She was a social butterfly, an outgoing creature. I loved that about her.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Benny spoke "Will you be shutting the shit down also ma'am?" He directed his question towards me.

Luana cut me off before I could speak. "Nope, this one isn't very outgoing,"

"Oh shut up Lou," I shot her a playful glare.

"Ladies we've arrived,"

Thanking Benny, we got out the vehicle and grabbed our luggage. "Bye Benny!" Luana screamed waving like a madwoman to the retreating car, which resulted in a honk from him.

We head inside the hotel and checked in. I was admiring the beautiful lobby. This place looks expensive. I look over to Luana, seeing that she received the key card.

We strolled over to the elevator and went upstairs. When we made it inside the room my mouth dropped.

"Lou," I warned.

"Yeeeesss?" She answered knowingly

"How much does this room cost?" I asked after seeing the floor-to-ceiling window and the amazing view behind it. Hotel with views like these cost a lot in Manhattan, especially in Midtown.