Ieyasu's task

I followed Ieyasu to his quarters, awaiting his command. "What can I help you with Lord Ieyasu?" I muttered, looking at the floor.  He looked at me, a slight rosy hue lingering at his cheeks.

"Oh... Nothing. I just wanted to get you away from Nobunaga's constant nagging." Ieyasu replied, smiling slightly. I couldn't keep from smiling. Ieyasu looked shocked but he smiled back. "Thank you Ieyasu. It means a lot to me." I replied, gazing into his green eyes.

"Hmph. Shut up. It's nothing. Just... don't overwork yourself okay..." Ieyasu mumbled, averting his eyes. I chuckled, walking towards him. "W-what are you doing?" He stammered as I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Just roll with it Ieyasu. I'm not going to hurt you. Just please accept my thanks." I whispered, smiling. He stared at me for a while and then he opened his lips.

"Actually Ryoko- I have a request. Would you... Uhm- Uh... Make me a kimono for Lord Nobunaga's birthday? Don't think that you have to but it would be appreciated." Ieyasu stammered, his cheeks flushed a rosy red.

"Of course Ieyasu. As a maid it is my duty to fulfill the requests of my superiors. I shall begin work right away. Just leave it to me." I replied, delighted to do something for Ieyasu.

************************************

I began work almost instantly as I knew Lord Nobunaga's birthday was approaching quickly. I knew that Ieyasu wanted something not too extravagant but something that still popped. I knew him well enough to know that much.

I laid out the golden silk infront of me and began work. After many hours of strenuous sewing and crafting, I had finally finished the kimono. It was a beautiful golden silk with a burnt orange and red sash. I thought it would suit Ieyasu nicely.

With that, I ventured out to find Ieyasu to present the kimono to him and to acquire his verdict. As I entered Ieyasu's quarters, his face lit up but he tried to hide it. I knew that he was happy to see me but I didn't make it obvious.

"Your kimono is complete Ieyasu. Here you go." I stated, smiling at him. "Thank you Ryoko. It's gorgeous. You have done well. Get some rest." He replied, but I didn't want to go.

I had to tell him how I felt. I liked Ieyasu a fair bit. I made it seem as if I was just a maid that was just there to take orders and what-not but I secretly loved Ieyasu.

After a few stressful seconds of contemplating whether or not I should tell him, I decided that I would. I was fed up with hiding it.