The life I lived with Ieyasu.

After experiencing such wonderful, hectic  times with Ieyasu, we finally settled down. The entire problem surrounding Lord Nobunaga's assassination had been cleared up. It was no longer a concern to us. We had gone to live in Ieyasu's home town, away from the hussle and bussle of city life.
------------------------------
"Ryoko? Are you still awake, my love?" Ieyasu whispered softly, his slender fingers running over my cheeks. "Yes darling." I replied, kissing him on the cheek. He let out a small sigh, one that meant he was glad. I ran my fingers over his knuckles, assuring him that I wasn't going to leave him.

Ieyasu drifted off to sleep, laying peacefully beside me. The cold of the night crept in through the open window. I pulled Ieyasu closer to me, allowing him to feel warm. I drifted off soon after, the warmth of Ieyasu's body allowing me to sleep peacefully.

I awoke to the sound of shuffling, making me sit up and take a look around the large bedroom. "Ieyasu?" I queried, spotting him rooting through his wardrobe. He faced me, tears rolling down his cheeks. I jumped out of the futon as quickly as possible and hopped over to him. "Sweetheart, why are you crying?!" I gasped, my hands shaking in his.

"Ryoko... I-I'm so sorry- I have to leave you... for a while... I love you, never, ever forget that. I promise that I will return one day. Don't forget me... I love you more than anything else on this planet. You are the light that guides me through the darkness, the song that lulls me to sleep, the ying to my yang, the sun to my moon. I cannot express to you how much you mean to me. I never thought I'd see the day where we got to be like this. For now my love, Sayonara." Ieyasu stammered, the tears flowing thick and fast.

As those words sunk in, my knees gave out and I fell to the floor in a sobbing mess. Ieyasu knelt beside me, his hands resting on my shoulders. "I promise I will return. Sayonara my love." He whispered, kissing my head. With that, Ieyasu turned away, collecting his clothes and leaving me to cry. 

For years I waited for him to return to me. Endless hours of waiting and nervous worrying. I felt so alone and so... angry. For years, I had to endure long, strenuous days without Ieyasu to comfort me when things got tough.  I needed him to be there to hold me during the nights.

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter guys but the next one will be a slight bit longer and *ALOT* more emotionally taxing- grab the tissues guys ♡)