Chapter 5- The Cop (3/3)

It's been five weeks. Avak had made you a small tent, and he would sleep four hours on routine before going off at night to find you two some resources. He would always return, and always have something for you to eat. Your trust had started to build, but just a mere bit. It was still something. He didn't get nearly as aggressive, and you didn't understand why. One day, you woke up, expecting Avak to be making something small for breakfast. He wasn't there. Immediately getting somewhat worried, you searched the camp. Maybe he was late? Maybe he was still out getting something? You sat back down, sighing. You rested your head back down and closed your eyes...

Switching POV....

Avak's eyes shot open, his gaze blurred for seconds before clearing. He wasn't in the forest. He was in a warehouse. Strapped to a chair. His hands and mouth bound. He let out a muffled growl as two figures emerged, both heavily armed head to toe. One significantly taller. "Where is they?" The taller of the two asked. They had a heavy German accent, and clearly couldn't speak proper English. Avak gave them a pestered look. The smaller figure walked into the light, humming.

"It would be wise to answer us, ok?" He sounded...

Oddly familiar.

He removed the gag and Avak coughed, dust particles fleeing away from his maws. He inhaled slowly, his hair being tugged on and yanked back. He looked down from the angle he was at and glared at the man. His skin became hot to touch, and Avak's expression went frightful for a moment. Segment by segment his flesh burst into flames, tracing his limbs as he let out a scream. The scream was that of pure agony, terror. The man jumped back in surprise. Avak's scream quieted as he thrashed for moments more, then falling limp. His flesh wasn't making a crackling noise like it would when any other person was set on fire, no painful blisters forming. In fact he didn't have a mark. The men holding him hostage stared in confusion. What caused that? They approached him for a mere second before he burst from the chair, the cuffed hands wrapping around the chair legs as he cracked them apart, smashing the wood against the men's heads. One yowled in pain, the other hit the ground unconscious. The other attacker rose his weapon and fired, skimming the larger male restraining him. Avak hissed and took the man by his throat, choking a whimper and scream out of the breathless man.

"Your buddy wanted me to speak," he hummed. "You wanna ask me why I was supposed to talk?" He tilted his head, lifting the man off the ground by his throat.

"I-I don't-I don't know, man—I-" he croaked. "I-I was just backup!" Avak's arm had diminished in the flames by now, but it didn't for the rest of his body.

"Why was I taken?"

"I-I don't know man! Again!"He clawed at Avak's arm, inhaling desperately for air.

"Not good enough..." He tightened his grip, his aim; the jugular. His gaze met the frightened man, whose face was contorted and blue. Avak was strangling him.

He heard a bang, followed by another. Avak turned his head. What was that? He narrowed his gaze at a large pile of boxes. It was moving. A soft, yet muffled scream left the pile and Avak looked back at the man, who had a knife.

Oh, fuck me.

The struggling male forced the blade through Avak's shoulder, causing him to drop him. Avak held his shoulder and the flames on the rest of his body extinguished and he groaned. He moved over and raised his foot, smashing it down against his skull, and repeated the brutal motion until a pool of red covered the base of his foot, as well as the floor beneath. He panted, stumbling 'round to walk towards the box, swiftly before anyone could get back. There was no way that was it. Avak started shoving boxes aside, big and small, heavy and light. He soon unearthed a starved child, he frowned. He tilted his head and she was clearly trembling.

"Come with me, young one." He spoke, voice deep and soothing. The child emerged into his arms and he had to take a moment to calm her. Rubbing between her shoulder blades he closed his eyes, rocking slightly. Cradling her head he kissed her forehead. "You'll be ok..."

SNAP.

The child dropped into his arms, her head contorted backwards. Avak laid her down and a silky flame appeared on his hands. He rested them on her torso to ignite it. Standing he rushed outside.

   He rubbed the cuff still attached to one of his hands, and found his gaze on a vehicle. It was a Subaru WRX, fast. It was grey in color and looked a bit damaged already. Preparing to rip the door off it's hinges Avak remembered to check if the door was even unlocked. It was, and he got inside. The warehouse he looked back at burst into flames. Looking back he turned the key to turn it on, put the car in drive and took off. He got about five minutes out before an unknown force pushed his vehicle. In a fright, he clipped the other part of the handcuff to the steering wheel.

   He regained his position on the wheel and on the road. "Fuck off..." he hissed silently. He saw a beach house pass and the car rammed into him again, causing the car to loose control, tipping and turning to barrel down the hill just off the highway.