Chapter 2- Tiger Lily

You look around to try and decipher your surroundings. It was simply too dark for your e/c eyes to register. You tilt your head to the side to glare at the knife. You look back to Avak, who was supposedly sleeping. You didn't dare move. Your leg twitched which caused you to jerk in pain. Your eyes flutter close as tears began to rise and break free away from your eyes. You stifle a small whimper of pain and choke back tears. You were trapped in a house with a murderer. Well, what you think is a murderer. Your heart felt like it was about to burst, your breath cutting short of oxygen. Your eyes open wide as you choke on saliva. You run your fingers through your hair as sort of a mechanism to help calm you and from across the room you catch a glance of the dormant man, who was still asleep. You begin to cry, your eyes shutting quickly and sealed tight. You wheeze out a cough, clutching your shoulders as you remove your hands from your hair. You open your eyes and to your absolute horror you see Avak's unblinking gaze staring right at you. His gaze piercing your soul caused you to cry harder. You felt like you were going to die at that very moment...not that you didn't think you were going to die, but for some reason every event caught up to you. You were assaulted by a man with a bat who broke your legs, you were rescued by a serial killer, bed-bound for weeks, and then kidnapped and held hostage by the same murderer that saved you from the alleyway. You didn't know what to think of Avak, nor did you even want to see his tall lumbering figure in the windowsill across the room. The house you and him were in was just one room. No sink. No bathroom or anything. There was one entrance. That same entrance being the only exit as well. The windows were wide open and if you looked closely, you could see scratch marks and hand prints. You heaved out a sob. You didn't register your own needs just yet. Avak's figure was now sitting up, and he was just staring, which caused you to yelp. You stifle a choked up sob and wipe your eyes as the figure moves from the corner of your eye. You flinch immediately, your breath hitching as your eyes pinned Avak to your vision.

"G-get away-!" You hissed. Avak only returned an animalistic hiss and approached you, crouching to meet your gaze. Terrified, you shut your eyes, hoping Avak would get the message and leave you be. He didn't of course and you suddenly felt a heap of warmth wrapping you up. You didn't dare open your eyes as a sudden sense of overwhelming calmness washed over you. You summoned up the courage to open your eyes slowly, you squint just in case Avak was staring at you. You couldn't see Avak, which scared you until you felt fingers running through your hair gently. You bit down on your tongue hard and you whimpered. You stayed dead silent until Avak accidentally moved your leg the wrong way, causing you to yelp. You feel your hair being yanked backwards to the point of you being torn away from Avak, hitting the floor with a thud you let out a frightened scream. Avak didn't waste any time standing over you to place his hand around your throat, restricting you from speaking and breathing. Avak looked incredibly angry, the candlelight reflecting the anger in his eyes.

"Stop talking."

"K-KHCK-" You manage, your eyes rolled to the back of your head from the sudden feeling of death crawling through you. You could feel Avak's hand loosen as he stepped away, standing. Desperate for air, you gasp, rolling onto your side to wheeze. Avak just stood there. His emotionless gaze redirected to the knife that pierced the hardwood. You lay on your side, gasping for breath and you let out a cough. Avak moves over to the knife and picks it up, returning to sit down in front of you. He forcefully rolls you back over and pulls you into a sitting up position, placing the knife directly under your chin.

"Wanna play a game?" He asked almost innocently. You didn't respond, but you were internally screaming no. As if Avak could tell what you said from your expression he smiled, removing the knife as you shake with fear.

"Play the game and you keep your fingers." He sighed quietly and out of pure fear and desperation you nod. Avak smiled and spun the knife around his hand and fingers, flicking the blade around like it was a coin. "Five finger fillet." You knew the game sounded familiar, but you couldn't really pin point what it was. Avak spread his fingers and placed his knife between them. He starts stabbing the hardwood between his fingers. Your eyes stay on his hand, but you could tell he was staring right at you. The entire time. Your heart got caught in your throat as he leaned closer to you, his breath intertwining with yours from how close you two were. Instinctively you lean back with a drastic flinch. Avak tilted his head and picked up the speed, forcing out a giggle.