Prologue

He stepped into his house after a usual day at work and was welcomed by the smiling faces of his mother and sister and along with them sat his best friend, Haider Farooqui.

"Ah! Wedding shopping! Why me?", he sighed.

"Chalo Asad Miyan! Main kabse wait kar raha hoon.", said Haider.

"Lemme change and come!", Asad rolled his eyes and walked into his room.

"Would she be there too?", he thought to himself and quickly changed his clothes and drove away with Haider to the nearby mall.

--

She stepped into her house after a fun day at work and was welcome by her loving mother along with her to be sister in law, Humeira Siddiqui.

"Oh no! Shopping for bhai's wedding! Not me!", she cringed.

"Zoya! Tumne promise kiya tha tum mere saath shopping chalogi!", smiled Humeira.

"Haan... Main zara paani pee leti hoon, then we'll go!", she replied.

She gulped down a glass of water and sighed and then moved out with Humeira and got into her car and Humeira on the passenger's seat, they drove to the mall.

--

"Haider! Aap pohonch gaye?", asked Humeira on the phone as Zoya parked her car in the lot.

"Haan. Hum jeweller's ke yahan hai. Tum dono aa jao.", he replied.

Asad heard the word "dono" and smiled wide.

"Asad aapke saath hain?" asked Humeira, getting off the car.

Zoya gasped, "Ya allah! Ye akdu kyun aaya hai?", she irked while locking the car and dragging herself to the elevator.

---