Chapter 6

"Zoya Shravan se pyaar karti hai?", he questioned in his mind.

Just when he was about to turn and walk away he heard Zoya call him.

"Mr. Khan?"

He turned around to see her still standing close to that Qutub Minar. He cringed at the sight but yet tried to smile.

"Aap yahan kya kar rahe hain?", she asked.

"Wo actually..", he started only to hear her sigh.

"Aap ab bhi wo actually ke aage nahi badhe.", she supressed her smile.

"Zo! I'll see you in a while. Let me go help Zainab Aunty.", announced Shravan and walked inside the house giving the couple some privacy.

"Zoya, please give me another chance. I promise I'll never leave you and go.", said Asad.

"Aap mere dost banna chahte hain phir se?", she asked.

"Haan. Aur agar tum chaho to use zyada bhi."

"Usse zyada? Main kuch samjhi nahi."

"Zoyaa!! Haider kahan hai?", came a shout.

Zoya looked around to find Haider's college friend Imran.

"Apne room mein hai.", she replied with a smile and then suddenly her smile faded as she saw someone standing next to Imran.

"Tanveer?", she gasped as Tanveer gave an evil smile. Asad followed her eyes and sighed.

"Ya allah, meri kismet itni kharab kyun hai?", he asked cringing at the sight as Tanveer started walking towards them. He looked around for some kind of intervention and suddenly pulled Zoya into a hug.

"Ye kya kar rahe hain aap Mr. Khan?", she asked struggling out of his hold.

"Wohi kar raha hoon jo mujhe bohot pehle kar dena chahiye tha.", he whispered in her ears sending tingles down her spine.

"Asad!", came Tanveer's squeaky voice.

"Tumne iske liye humari dosti kaise thodi?", Zoya whisper-asked.

"Mera dimaag kharab ho gaya tha."

"Wo to pehle se tha. What's new in that?" she retorted.

"Asaddd!", they heard her again and Zoya pushed him away.

"Hi Tanveer!", Zoya smiled.

"Wow, Zoya tum ab bhi Asad ke peechhe padi ho?", mocked Tanveer.

"Well, wo mera dost hai na.", Zoya pressed her lips.

Asad smiled at her introducing him as her friend.

"Zo! Zainab aunty bula rahi hai.", came Shravan's voice.

Tanveer turned to where the voice was coming from and saw Shravan in his vest and tracks which made her eyes open while and her face flushed.

"Tum Ammi ki help karne gaye the ya gym karne?", giggled Zoya.

"Gym clothes are comfortable Zo! Chalo.. and then we need to go out. I have to talk to you about something.", he announced.

"Okay.", she nodded and turned to Asad and Tanveer.

"You guys carry on, I have work to tend to.", Zoya ran into the house.

"I need to help Zoya too.", Asad tried to escape.

"Oh come on Asad. Tum thoda time mere liye bhi nikaal lo.", she screeched.

"Tanveer, hum dono ke beech aisa koi rishta nahi hai jo mujhe tumhare liye time nikaalna pade.", he replied and walked towards the house.

"SHRAVAN!!! YOU DOG!", he heard Zoya shout and saw Shravan run out of the house laughing. Just in a few seconds, he saw a drenched Zoya running behind him.

"Haha... Catch me if you can!" Shravan laughed.

"You're not Leo Di'Caprio!", she grumbled.

"I'm no less baby!", chuckled Shravan.

"Asad, pakdo usse!", she called out making Asad smile.

Asad caught Shravan, by then, came a bucket full of water, drenching both of them.

"What the fuck!", both the men shouted out making Zoya laugh out loud.

"Zoya! I thought I was supposed to help you catch Shravan and tumne mujhpar bhi paani daal diya!", complained Asad.

"I'm sorry par isne sabse pehle mujhpar paani phenka. And I had no intension par tum uske pass khade the to tumpar bhi gir gaya.", she pouted making Asad smile.

Tanveer huffed and walked away realizing that she was not going to be entertained further.

"Badi jaldi samajh aa gayi tumhe that you're not wanted here.", Zoya laughed at Tanveer's retreating figure.

"Mere bina kya masti ho rahi hai yahan?", came a voice.

"SUMO!", exclaimed Shravan ran to the girl standing in kurta and jeans behind Zoya. He lifted her and lovingly twirled her around.

"Who is that?", asked a confused Asad.

"Shravan ki girlfriend and one of my best friends.", replied Zoya shocking Asad.

Shravan pecked her lips, "I missed you so much! But, tum yahan? You said that you weren't coming and that tumhe leave nahi mil rahi."

"This is called a surprise Mr. Malhotra. Zoya aur maine plan kiya. Tumhe achha nahi laga?", asked Suman cupping his cheeks.

"I loved it and I love you!", he hugged her close.

After a minute he broke apart and hugged Zoya, "Thank you Zo!"

"Anytime yaar. Tu mere liye kitna kuch karta hai. I can definitely do this much. Hai na?", she grinned.

"Chalo ab, let's all go change and get on with the function.", said Shravan as he walked along with Suman inside.

"Seize the moment Asad!", his subconscious spoke.

"Zoya!", he called out making her turn.

"I love you!", he whispered.

Without giving away anything, Zoya turned around and walked inside the house leaving Asad thinking.

--

Next day, after the Haldi and Mehendi ceremonies got over Zoya walked into the kitchen to get water and her eyes widened seeing Shravan and Sumo making out.

She was seated on the counter and he was standing holding her by her elbow so that her mehendi doesn't get smudged and they were literally eating each other's lips.

"Get a room guys!", she laughed making Shravan step away immediately.

"Shit Zo! It would have been so embarrassing if it was anyone else.", muttered Suman out of breath.

"I can understand since you've been away for 4 days without sex.", laughed Zoya.

"We have not had sex, not yet atleast.", replied Shravan.

"I wonder why though. You would be married by the end of the year anyways.", replied Zoya.

"We will wait until then.", blushed Sumo.

"Zoya.. please make sure ke tumhari shaadi humari shaadi se clash na ho.", said Shravan.

Asad was walking crossing the kitchen to go to his room when he heard Shravan's statement so he stopped to hear. Well, eavesdrop.

"Ha-ha. Very funny. Pehle ladka miley, to hi shaadi hogi.", replied Zoya.

"Ladka to already hai na tumhari life mein.", said Suman.

"Kaun?", asked Zoya looking everywhere else but not them.

"Asad!", Shravan and Suman said in unison.

"Tum dono ko aur koi kaam nahi hai kya? Mujhe paani peene do.", she said trying to change the topic.

Asad grinned and walked to his room with a plan churning in his mind for tonight's sangeet.

-x-x-x-