Prologue

With his head bent down the elder agent paced along his office, a woman sat in one of the chairs her feet tapping away at the floor. The tension in the room rose another notch when the woman decided tapping her feet wasn't irritating enough and so began cracking her knuckles at an unbelievably fast pace.

"Stop it!" he bellowed at her, but she didn't react. She was used to his constant anger issues. With a long sigh, she stood up, but not before perfecting her appearance.

"You need to calm down, sir. Everything will be okay," Her husky voice cooed in a way that would possibly raise eyebrows given the situation they were currently facing.

Had it not been for his position in the agency and the possibility of facing multiple decades in prison he kept his hands to himself and simply raised his eyebrow at her.

"Okay? You're telling me everything is going to be okay?!"

"Yes, sir,"

"If they are not brought back safely, you do realize the entire nations safety will be at risk?!"

She knew her next actions could possibly have her killed but the woman simply rolled her eyes at the agent.

"I'm quite aware of that, sir," she replied rather dully, "but I'm also quite bored of hearing the same thing..." she pauses briefly only to clear her throat and speaks with a much deeper voice, "I want the two of them brought back safely. If they dare fall into the enemies hands I will kill you personally. The disease must be destroyed! Blah, blah, blah!" all this she said in a failed impersonation of him which seemed to have ticked him off to another level. But she wasn't done yet.

"I understand that you want nothing more than their safe arrival but it's time to think realistically. What are the chances of them returning alive, better yet what will happen and what can be done if they die?" she watched as an expression of horror masked his face, slightly amused with herself she took her seat again.

"If they die..." he points a stubby finger in her direction, "if they dare die, you die," He finishes. He turned away from her and returned to pacing his office. The female agent continued to watch his figure as both their eyes avoided each other, her amusement long gone, once realizing how serious he had been.

A silence so deathly gripped at the two as they awaited the arrival of the two. But when the doors suddenly open to a frantic looking secretary, both agents knew exactly what was happening.

The frazzled blonde stared at the senior agents and broke down to complete tears but managed to whisper out a few words.

"They're dead," The female agents gripped at her seat whereas the elder agent sent her look of pure hatred. Though his eyes remained glued on his companioned agent his question was directed to his secretary.

"And the cure?"

One word was all it took for both senior agents to fall to the ground.

"Gone," The blonde only managed to peek through her tears to see both agents had fainted and ironically enough all she could think of was how much a pair of puss#'s these two agents were.

But she didn't realise the danger of this situation 'til years later.