Shuri is great with nicknames

Moonlark Protection Squad

HairKing: Aw fudge

We won't be able to make it

There's an attack on a large city

And we have to help evacuate

Srry

We'll come to pick her up from your tower when it's safe

GreenMachine🥦: Ok I wanted to give her a checkup there anyways

Any allergens?

HairKing: Limbium

Also shots/sedatives are bad ideas

GreenMachine🥦:Noted.

"What the fudge is Limbium?" Bruce asked, concern etched upon his face.

"No idea." Tony said, his gaze sweeping the terrain. A flash of silver caught their eyes as a Wakandan stealth plane landed on the ground. Seconds later, the ship they were in docked and the Avengers joined Shuri and K'marah on the ground.

Shuri smiled, then said "Alright. I'm hoping that Sophie heard us land, because if she did... YES!"

There were looks of confusion all around, until Shuri explained.

Shuri POV:

A girl's voice, sweet and accented, sounded inside my head. Called in the cavalry, huh? If you follow the map I'm going to send, you'll find a little carving that'll summon a keypad. Type in 'sul pardine lenarn ric anihjian' then step back and the door should open. I counted about ten agents. One pyro, one froster, a flasher, six talentless and a pair of electric twins.

Ok. BE SAFE SOPHIE

I finished my other sentence while this was going on, because I have practice holding two conversations at once, then explained. "Sophie's a telepath, among other powers. She just sent me a map to the entrance, the code to get in, and an enemy count. A fire user, an ice dude, a light dude, two zap happies, and six people with no powers."

"I'm not even going to question you because why the flip not" Steve says. Haha, remember that one vine Shuri? OFF to-PIC, brain.

I searched for the spot, grinning like a madwoman when I saw the little brick I was looking for. Obviously grimy and behind the barriers that kept tourists out, it was an ingenious hiding place. Pressing it yielded a touchpad, and my fingers danced over the keys.

Wonder what the code means. I thought idly.

(a/n it's not an actual language, but the made up words were me trying to write in Elvish. The code is 'the best assassins are Neverseen' bc it's headcanon that those evil dudes are more than a little self-possessed.)

"We're in. Let's crash this party, shall we?" I fired up my weapons, smiling as the tech reacted perfectly. A few cloaks rushed into the room, two of the three holding crackling bolts of lightning in their hands.

Avoiding a bolt from Sparky and the Zap, I mentally called out to Sophie. What direction?

Left right left left right left right and then I'm currently fighting a weird hybrid creature that wants to make a sweater out of my hair and innards so A BIT BUSY sorry for yelling gtg

What. The. Fudge. Not the time to second-guess Shuri! "Peter, Harley, K'marah, follow me! When you adulty people are done with the Live Wires and Rubber here, follow the flares."

I saw Nat nod from the corner of my eye, so I set off down the corridor.

Left.

My legs were starting to burn just a little bit, and I'm 98% certain I saw a rat.

Right

Is that a bloodstain?

Left

Yup, they're bloodstains.

Left

It feels like we're getting even lower now... IS THIS THE ENTRANCE TO THAT PRISON? No, Sophie would say something if it was.

Right

If these corridors go too much longer, I might run out of the electronic breadcrumbs.

Left

I can hear infuriated roaring, and the thought of what state Sophie might be in causes me to put on another burst of speed.

Right

I skid out onto the balcony just in time to see the ugly mashup creature disintegrate under the sheer power of Sophie's forehead light show. Inflicting, my mind whispered in awe.

She really was scary, at least until she collapsed. Luckily, Peter was able to swing down and catch her, shooting another web to bring the two back up to our level. Smirking, I shot a nano-net at the four idiots charging with knives.

The sounds of their faces becoming one with the floor was the sweetest of songs to my ears, and the angry cusses were also very welcome (I'd be glad Soph didn't hear the cusses but because she's still unconscious I'm worried).

Looking around, I did an inventory of who was here. K'marah was going all stab on a dude that had his hair on fire, Harley was working with his suit to melt the ice around Frozone, and Peter was playing keepaway with one of the dudes I had netted.

Aw man, now we have to catch them again! Why do evil dudes never stay where we put them?

Luckily, Loki and Natasha skidded into the room and immediately helped. Nat threw a dagger, and it hit the dude who was harassing Peter and Sophie. Not thinking about the death, I dodged a wild attack from the fire dude, who was looking panicked now that he had to deal with an angry Norse god as well.

Wait. There was a light dude. We're missing an enemy. Jumping to the side, I narrowly avoided getting hit by a concentrated beam of light from above. Leaving Nat to deal with the powerless jerks, I ran over to where Peter was having a mini-panic session and took our unconscious friend from him.

"Take out the sniper, Spidey Boi!" I whispered, giving him a little shove and smiling when he scrambled up the wall. A few minutes later, there was a whump-thump sound, and a heavily cocooned figure was hanging upside down from the roof, coated almost entirely in webbing.

Now that the immediate threat was over, I looked down at my friend and realized just how bad she looked. Schist. Next stop, serious medical attention and a nap!

Sorry, battle scenes aren't my forte. I'm more of a long distance elaborate plot person, and I promise there will be some funny/fluffy reunion stuff soon :D.