George Weasley<3

George Weasley's Midnight Snack

I was reading a book in Ginny's room while her and Hermione slept quietly. I couldn't sleep, just like every other night.

I've been staying up and reading my books until I finally get sleepy, but that doesn't happen until around 3 am. I set my book down and sat up, I checked my watch to see how late I stayed up this time.

"Shit" I mumbled, shocked that it was only 1:28 am

I decided to get a snack from the kitchen while I waited out this awful consciousness. I turned my book light off causing a quiet click and slowly got out of my bed and creeped towards the door. As I went to open it I stepped on a creaky floorboard, the sound broke the silence and made me slightly jump with a gasp. I quickly looked at the two girls to make sure I didn't wake them up. I stepped out of the quiet room and shut the door. I tip-toed to the stairs, making my way down to the dark kitchen. I lit a candle so that I didn't create too much light, but enough for me to see my way around. I bent down and opened a cabinet looking for something sweet. I always crave something sweet when I am supposed to go to bed. After rummaging through most of the cabinets, I eventually found some fruit leather type thing.

I sat up on the counter next to the candle and began to eat the snack. I jumped when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I looked up to see who it was, hoping that they would make their kitchen trip quick so that I could sit alone for a while. Soon, a giant red headed boy stepped into the light.

"Y/n? What are you doing down here darling?" He questioned leaning against the wall

Darling, I love when he calls me that

George and I are good friends, I met him when I became friends with Ron. I mostly hang out with him and his twin when I'm not with Ron, Harry and Hermione.

"What? Am I not allowed to have a midnight snack?" I said with a small smile

He slowly walked towards me and stood against the counter next to me

"No, go ahead. But it's more like a 2 in the morning snack" He said looking at my fruit leather

He lowered his head down to my hands, which were resting in my lap, and took a big bite of my snack. I brought it up to my face and examined the large piece missing.

"Lovely" I said with sarcasm

He chuckled quietly and wiped the corner of his mouth with his thumb

He is quite handsome in this lighting

"Aren't you supposed to be reading right now?" He asked

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him with a confused look

"How did you know that I was reading?" I said with little laugh

He leaned back onto his elbows and looked at the ceiling

"You stay up almost every night reading, I always see a light coming from your bed when I walk past Ginny's room. And at the same time, well around the same time every night, I hear the little click of your book light turning off." He said

I started to blush, I was glad that I only had a candle lit so that he couldn't see my pink cheeks. I looked down and finished my fruit leather.