One Time Exception

Guys aren't your type, well not the ones in real life at least. The only guys you've been in love with are people like Mark Lee or that new upcoming soloist Bang Chan, they would never actually fall in love with you, but this man, he seems just the same.

He agreed to walk you to work, since you guys just so happen to work at the same grocery store out of the probably thousands in this city alone, but what matters now is that your walking side by side with Hwang Hyunjin, talking about your favorite cat breeds.

This is probably one of the few things you would never have seen coming, he's that random boy you fall in love with just by seeing his side profile only to realize that everyone falls in love with him so you have no chance, but instead he might fall in love with you, at least in your dreams.

You arrive, sadly. The place you wish you could just walk by with Hyunjin, but no, both of you have to go in and do your jobs. Maybe we could walk back together, go see the cat again.

I don't think you would ever thought that the thing giving you this happiness was caused by a random cat on the street, I mean if it was the cat itself it'd definetly make more sense in your eyes.

beep boop
woosh, woosh

"Thank you for shopping at Happy Apple, Have a amazing day!"

Last customer of the day, it's over. You look around to meet the familiar face of Hyunjin. "Hey uh" -he thinks for a minute- "I don't think I ever got your name" he chuckles embarrassingly.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry, I should've told you earlier. My name is y/n, and your Hyunjin if I'm not mistaken, the pride and joy of our small town in seoul" you smile to him.

"I wouldn't say that, pride and joy is a bit of a stretch, we can walk um, we can uh-"

His mind breaks for just a moment, he loses all is words and covers his face as it heats up.

"Ah! Can I walk you home! That's what I was trying to say, sorry geez, I don't know what got into me for a second"

You'd think someone who get compliments from girls all the time would take mine just as easily, but whatever, maybe it's different because we just met this morning, who could say.

"Erm, sure, I don't live too far from the cat so I could just lead you to my house after we stop by the alleyway, sound good?"

"Sure, I see no problem with it"

Great, now we've established uh, well something, not quite a friendship but it's definitely something. The two of you keep walking until you finally reach the cat the both of you go to the cat and start chatting while giving the kitten some love.

"So y/n, tell me more about you, if this is gonna be a daily thing then I think I should at least know something about you" he smiles.

You start off with basic things like your birthday, your age, stuff like that, before talking about other things like hobbies and other interests. Then you ask him the same stuff, it's like a never ending cycle of talking about dog breeds and hobbies.

Once the never-ending cycle actually came to a end surprisingly, Hyunjin offers you a walk back to your home, less then half a mile away from the alley.

"Here we are, your apartment, may I come in?"

"Of course" you smile.

He takes his shoes off and looks around. There isnt much to look at with honesty, it was small, due to you being a poor college student, but besides that it was at least nice and pleasing to look at.

It was silent in the house, it was mostly just you following Hyunjin around and making sure he doesn't open a private or weird drawer. By the end of it most of the house had been searched by Hyunjin and his endless curiosity. He goes to sit at the couch once it calmed down. Then he looked through Netflix, making himself at home, and you weren't complaining.

You sit on the same three-seated couch as him, leaving the middle one empty so there was a gap between you two.

"Ooo, I see you have some good taste in shows" He says while flipping through your keep watching list.

"Do I really though?" A light giggle slips out, it's funny at how much that giggle made Hyunjin smile, he giggled in return

Click, click, click

it's nice, even if theres a gap you-wish-you-had-the-guts to close between the two of you. "You know, you have a really cute laugh, I wish you'd do it more often." You look at him with a slight blush, that wasnt something you thought you'd be hearing out of pretty-boy Hyunjin's mouth. Speaking of mouth, his suddenly looks like it's closer...and it's facing you and not the tv.

Your eyes refocus back into reality to see Hyunjin staring back into your eyes and gently holding your chin. Quickly, you fall off the couch, dragging Hyunjin down with you. You open your eyes, seeing him land right on top of you. The both of you stare into each others eyes just for a moment before Hyunjin comes to the realization of what happened.

He stands as quickly as he can. "y/n! I-I'm um sorry, i'll see myself out." He runs out the apartment , leaving you confused on the floor.

"What have I gotten myself into..."