3. park bench

"She's gone!" the red headed girl screamed.

"What?" Kinu rubbed her and groggily sat up.

"I- I searched throughout the house! She's gone!"

The parents searched every room in the house for her and there was no sign of Y/n. They did however manage to find a little note.

It was attached to her owl plushie that was hidden inside her sleeping bag.

I have disided to run away. I don't make anyone happy and Kinu does not like me. I don't know what I did to make Kinu hate me. She said that she wants to be an only child and now she is. I don't want to be a litch, wait no, leach, no no I don't think that's right either, leech? anymore. All I ever wanted was for Kinu to be happy. I still love her and I still love Mommy and Daddy, but I supose it is for the best. Don't come looking for me at the park because I am not there.

Love, Y/n

P.S. Kinu can have my owl plushie to remember me by.

P.P.S. I have a piled of candy hidden underneath my pillow. She can have that too.

Their mother burst into tears and their father immediately scrambled everyone into the car.

It was pitch black outside and they could hardly see anything in the distance.

"Y/n? Y/n where are you?! Y/n!" her mother cried out.

There she saw it. I single shoe laying on a park bench. And as she suspected, it was Y/n's.

<><><><><><><><><><>

2 hours ago

Y/n made it to the park and her energy was completely gone. She didn't remember this park being this park. Maybe because she was always in the car when she arrived here.

She curled up onto a wooden park bench and fell asleep.

She didn't even get the chance to get a good night's rest because a young man approached her.

"Hi there little lady! What are you doing out here all alone? Your name is Y/n, right?"

She sat up and nodded.

"Your mother told me that you'd be staying here! And she said that we could take care of you!"

"We?" Y/n cocked her head.

"Yup! Me and my wife! She's in the car. Would you like to meet her?"

Y/n thought about it. She liked meeting new people! And this man in front of her seemed completely harmless.

"Do you remember me at least?"

She shook her head 'no'.

"Then maybe this will jog your memory?" he reached in his back pocket and pulled out a colorful baseball cap.

"You work at the carousel!" Y/n smiled.

"Mhm! You have an excellent memory there, Y/n! You're so smart!"

"I am?"

"Why of course! I'm sure my wife will be so happy to meet you!" he held out a hand for her to take.

She smiled and started putting her shoes back on.

"Oh, no, no, don't worry about those old shoes! We can buy you brand new ones! We can buy you anything you'd like!"