2|Hashira Meeting

When we arrived at the Demon Slayer Corps Headquarters, the Hashira were all assembled. The scene from episode 22 unfolded before our eyes.

Tanjiro was standing up, a determined glint in his eyes despite the multiple cuts across his face. He was glaring at Sanemi, who was holding up Nezuko's box and his katana.

Zuihui gulped, her eyes widening. Should we interfere and try to stop the Wind Pillar from hurting Nezuko? My arms twitched as I found myself stuck in the quicksand of a dilemma—I had to make a decision quickly or sink further.

Seeming to sense my thoughts, Zuihui reached out and gripped my arm, shaking her head firmly. "We can't interfere, as painful as it would be watching. We have to let Sanemi try to prove that Nezuko will hurt people, so that Nezuko, in turn, can prove that she won't hurt humans."

What she said did make sense. I nodded feebly, shrinking into the shadows and covering my eyes. Who could bear seeing Nezuko get hurt?

"Hashira or not, I won't let you get away with hurting my sister!" Tanjiro was shouting, the hurt and desperation obvious in his eyes. Evidently, though, he had picked up multiple lessons from his missions and encounter with Giyuu. He wouldn't just sit by and beg.

"Stop! The master will be here soon!" Speak of the devil.

They didn't seem to have heard him, however.

I turned away, anticipating the headbutt, but Zuihui stood beside me, fidgeting with excitement. 

The next time I looked, Sanemi's nose was already bleeding.

"You..." he growled.

But the doors were opening.

"The Master..." two of his daughters said in unison.

"...has arrived."

They stood on either sides of the Master, holding his hands and leading him forwards. Instantly, Zuihui grabbed my arm and yanked me downwards, just as Sanemi pressed Tanjiro's head onto the stones.

The Master smiled gently as Sanemi rambled on with his greetings. "Thank you, Sanemi," he said in that soothing voice of his, and I suddenly found myself being pulled into the gentlest lull, my head spinning in a sort of pleasant way.

Zuihui and I found ourselves smiling subconsciously, both of us astounded by the calmness of his voice in reality.

As the Kamado siblings' trial went on, I stopped concentrating on it, turning my attention to every other thing in sight, eagerly and nervously anticipating our decided fate.

"Pardon us for cutting in front of you!" a frantic, high-pitched voice snapped me out of my fantasy. The Kakushi bowed about seven hundred and twenty-nine—or fewer—times as they picked Tanjiro up and rushed off.

Not more than a few seconds later, however, that Tanjiro had returned, requesting to headbutt Sanemi. I stifled a laugh as Zuihui let out her classic "pfft" as Tanjiro flushed tomato red in embarrassment.

The berating voices of the Kakushi could be heard in the distance as the Master turned his attention to us.

"What might your name be?" he asked, looking at me.

"My name is Y/N L/N, Oyakata-sama," I said quickly, trying my best to hide the droplets of perspiration that were probably very obvious under the bright sunlight.

"Konnichiwa, Y/N-chan. And what about your name?" he turned to Zuihui.

Zuihui perked up immediately, taking a sharp intake of air. I had to admit, she hid her coughs as she chocked pretty well. "I'm Xu Zuihui, Oyakata-sama. It's a pleasure to meet you."