Brown Guilty Eyes

A/N: Hi everyone!! this was a request over on my tumblr. I hope you enjoy reading, this will be slow burn and an emotional rollercoaster hehe✨

-----

Standing in front of the large iron gate, your eyes wandering to the big white mansion, you can't quite wrap your head around the fact that you are back, back at the place that caused you both heartache and some of the most beautiful memories of your life so far. Even though part of you should feel happy that you are back at the place that you called home for a few years, something within your gut causes this wrenching feeling in your body. If you had to describe it to somebody, you would probably explain the tight feeling in your chest, making it a little hard to breathe. The anxious feeling, causing your palms to sweat and your hands to shake ever so slightly. 

For a second you smile, as you hear the familiar creaking of the iron gate, that at one point you heard on a daily basis, whenever you left the academy to go somewhere, whether it being out with your friends or meeting people and enjoying life outside the walls of the academy. Momentarily the smile fades, as your mind wanders to the moment when you walked through these gates, leaving the academy for the last time, not knowing that almost a year later, you would end up entering through the gates again. Closing your eyes for a second, to breathe and calm your nerves down, you let the cold night air, fill your lungs and you use a little breathing technique that usually helps you stay calm. As you look up into the night sky, you can see some stars shining bright and also the moonlight, shining brightly and making the academy look even more stunning and glowing than it usually does throughout the day. 

Instead of thinking back to the time, you left the academy last time after everything drifted apart and you losing control of the situation and your life at the coven, your mind wanders to the first time you ever stood by these gates. Part of you can't believe how many years it has been since that and how your life was so much different back then and what your life is like now. Originally moving to New Orleans with your family, you never knew what this strange, classy and fancy-looking white building was. At first, driving past it the first few times, when you were younger you thought it was some kind of historic building, closed for the general public and you had no clue it's actually Miss Robichaux's Academy, let alone people live and study there. 

It took you years to actually figure out what that strange place was, and within those years so many things changed. You used to drive past it with your parents, on the way to the cinema or some friends and you completely unaware of life and how quickly things can change. Then you would walk past the academy, on your way to school, still wondering what on earth that place is but never actually having time to google or research it because life would get in the way again.

 And a few years later you would drive past it yourself, after your life taking a 360-degree turn, going through a lot of things in your life all at once, your siblings moving out, parents getting sick, your dad passing and mother in an elderly home and you having to move into a small apartment while working on your degree. Things changed so much and whenever you would drive through the familiar streets, familiar buildings that you still wonder what on earth it is, remembering the many times you drove past there on the way somewhere fun with your family and asking them what it was but your siblings talking so loud, no one could focus on a single word you were saying.

It took years for you to actually figure out what that place is, after your mother also not being able to fight anymore, without her husband, your father by her side and illness consuming her. 

You remember when you got the call at work, rushing to the elderly home as soon as you could, breaking several traffic laws in the process but not caring. Rushing into her room and thankfully making it in time, so you could at least say goodbye to the last bit of family and childhood you have left within in you, her passing the final prove that adult life and adult problems are now your paths and where life is leading you.