Chapter 1: Into the Storm

You're on the beach.

At least, that's the last thing you remember.

"Find me when you wake up."

"What?"

"Find me when you wake up!"

Then boom. You're back on base.

"Y/N, you alright mate?" James said, nudging your shoulder as you squirmed in your bunk.

"What- Y-Yeah! I'm, I'm alright." you said, trying to process what the hell just happened.

"Find her, when I wake up... Rita?"

You got up, grabbing your jacket and putting it on as you exited the barracks.

The sound of helicopter blades rotating and their engines rang through the air, along with the running car engines and the soldiers on base.

As you walked to the armory, you tried piecing together what happened.

There was this large and blue alien, it was coming right for you. You grabbed a claymore, putting it on your chest as the monstrosity leaped onto you.

Burning, that was the last thing you felt before you woke up again on your bunk. It was all the same. James woke you up, and team Rainbow was being sent along with the Angel of Verdun.

Rita Vrataski.

"Find me when you wake up!"

That was the last thing she told you in the beach.

You arrive at the armory. Soldiers are packing ammo and in their exo suits.

You hated those exo suits. You weren't maneuverable. It's like it's evolving, but backwards!

You looked into the shooting range, those robot things were swinging around.

And there she was.

You stepped forward, looking down at the ground.

"Do not cross this line." It said in bold yellow letters across the floor.

"Fuck it." you crossed, walking past the line. You heard a few soldiers scramble to call you back.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?!" One of them shouted. One of them hit the emergency button, stopping all the targets from moving, putting them to a stand still.

You approached her, stopping a few feet away from her. She looked up at you, getting up swiftly.

"Yes?" she asked, walking towards you slowly.

"Is there something on my face, soldier?" she said, putting her hands on her hips.

"N-No, it's just..." you paused for a bit, unsure of how to tell her about the beach invasion and what went down.

"C'mon, speak up. I don't have all day."

"You told me to find you when I woke up." you said.

"What?" she said, clearly confused by what you just said.

"On the beach, you told me to find you when I wake up. So here I am." you said.

She approached you, grabbing your arm.

"Follow me."