CHAPTER 2- PARTIES & NIGHTMARES PT.1

I hated the smell of hard drugs.

Drugs. Booze. You name it, you'd think that for someone who has lived around them for so long, I'd be used to them by now. But that was not the case.

I rolled my hair up in a messy bun, just high enough for me to get it off my back and away from my neck so I could begin clearing up the place. I picked up the left over booze, the apparently knocked over bottle of drugs, half eaten food on the couch. I was used to cleaning up after my mom. But what I wasn't used to yet was being forced to be an adult and take care of her messes.

After I had cleaned up the whole house till there was nothing out of place, (Thanks to my high level of OCD which comes in handy in some cases), I plopped on the couch in total exhaustion, rewarding myself with a bottle of cream soda, just before my phone beeped with a text message.

Southern spice: Hey! Party starts by seven! Can't wait to see you there darlin'!

I groaned so loud you'd think an animal of some sort was in the room. I never gave 'Mr. Southern Spice' a definite answer at the Cafè earlier, so what would make him think I'd come? Probably he hadn't realised yet that Felicia Armstrong was not one to be blinded by charm. That train had long left that station.

But then on second thought..

It was past six in the evening and apparently, I would be home alone till only Lord knows when. Maybe I could just..

No!

I face palmed myself and shook my head in an attempt to block out the thoughts that we're running through my mind.

Gosh, Felicia! Why do you have to be so stubborn!

I threw my hands in the air as a sign of surrender, as though I was talking to someone in person, and decided to just go. It was just a party after all. What possibly could go wrong?

***

7:30pm

Being fashionably late was one of my signatures. If I showed up late, I'd atleast do it looking too good to overlook.

I tried not to look too put together this time because I didn't want any attention, so I decided to go for a short, white flared gown and then threw a denim jacket over it. I let my long Auburn hair flow in all it's beach wavy glory, completing the look with minimal accessories and almost unnoticeable make-up.

8:15pm

I arrived at Mr. Southern Spice's house and the place was packed full, much more than I expected. His house was more than a few blocks away from mine. It was a white duplex with nicely mowed lawns and gardened bushes. It wasn't all that fancy, trust me, but it was way nicer that my place.

The scene was like any other regular party- the lights were bright and they flickered in multiple colors, the music was so loud that I could barely hear my own thoughts. I was quite surprised that the neighbours hadn't called the cops yet. While barely being able to scan the room because of the blinding lights, my eyes landed on a particular face. One I wasn't expecting to see in well, ever. And the owner of said face was walking up to me faster than you could say Jack-

"Hey!"

"Hi", I forced a smile through my teeth.

"It's really good to see you, Felicia"

"Good to see you to, Leo ", I lied, secretly wishing I'd entered through the back door or not just come to this party at all!

And this my friends, was the one and only thing that could possibly go wrong: Coming face to face with my worst nightmare, Leo Davidson.

•••••