CHAPTER 3- PARTIES & NIGHTMARES PT.2

Every High School had a Leonard Davidson.

You know, the perfect mix of bad boy and scholar, oozing just the right amount of sexual appeal to have the entire student body after him- both males and females. But somehow, they always find their victims to be the good and näive girls. The ones who turn a blind eye and deaf ear to everyone else's warnings and believes in the best of them.

Until everything blows up in your face and you realise, you were really just a number.

You see, Leo and I officially met in Senior year. Before then, I'd been practically invisible to him and I didn't pretty much care. I was however attracted to the bad boy thing he had going on then.

We happened to be paired on a science project together and while we spent time trying to figure out how the project should be done, research and all, we clicked. You could maybe call it a zing, like Hotel Transylvania, but that was it felt like.

We bonded over our mutual family problems- both our dads left us and our moms were wrecks. Except that his family was stinking rich. We seemed to have the same taste in music, the same beliefs about life, the same everything.

Then one day it happened.

We were at my house and as usual, my mom wasn't home. We'd intended to work on the project but clearly, he had other intentions.

We kissed. We made out. We had sex.

It was unplanned. And it being my first time, I was a little hesitant at first, but I couldn't resist his aura. So I gave in. And he went in.

Morning came and he was gone. It was a school day and I was all fluttered, due to the past nights events. For me, it meant that we were now in a relationship, and I couldn't wait to see him again. When I saw him at school, I jumped at him and he looked utterly disgusted. He had the 'Do-I-Know-You' kinda look plastered all over his face and I was completely shocked. His friends only laughed hysterically at my present debacle.

And that was when I figured it out.

I was nothing more than a number in his book of conquests.

I felt dumb. Numb. Humiliated. Like I had just been punked or something and I was hoping cameras would jump out from behind the lockers to prove it. And that was when I vowed that I would never be so gullible again.

But here he was, standing just five feet away from me. I could feel the past pain I thought I'd let go of surging though me again. The anger. The confusion. The longing need to have an answer. But I decided that it wasn't worth it. I wanted to turn around but for some reason, I was weak at the knees. I couldn't let him know that I was nervous. So I concluded that I was going to be mature about this unforseen, disaster bump-in.

"So..what are you doing here?" I asked politely.

"Um, I could say same about you. Never really pegged you to be the party type", He replied, looking all aloof with his hands in his pocket.

He still had it. The Bad Boy Effect. The tatted up and perfect skin. The wild scented cologne that made you want to drown in it. The smirk was still there. Along with his relaxed and 'I-don't-even-need-to-try-to-look-this-good' aura. He was even more good looking than I had remembered him.

Snap out of it, Felicia!

"Well, people change, Leo" I said casually. "I'm sure you'd know all about that now, wouldn't you?"

He was taken aback by my response and before he had to chance to respond, Mr. Southern Spice jumped into the conversation. For the first time, I was actually glad that he was intruding in my space again.

"Hey Fel", Wade shot me a beaming smile before turning to Leo to give him a 'manly' handshake "Hey, Welcome to the party bro!"

I was starting to feel uncomfortable as Leo eyed us both, a hint of curiosity in his grey eyes. I would've added a hint of jealousy too but Leo was never one to reveal his emotions.

"And you are--"

"My boyfriend", I added hesitantly.

The words flew right out of my mouth faster than I could catch them. Well, so much for wanting to be mature here.

"Fel, darlin'--" Wade smiled in excitement. I elbowed him to which he let out a weird cough, earning a raised eyebrow from Leo.

"I mean this is Wade, my boyfriend." I completed my statement.

Leo scanned both of our expressions as if waiting for either of us to crack and reveal the truth. Wade was already cozy-ing up to me at this point but I fought back the urge to slap his hands off because it was making our little act more believable.

"Cool", Leo said flatly and then left us without another word.

"What a mysterious one!" Wade said, right after we were sure that Leo was out of range. "So, care to tell me how we started dating?"

I only rolled my eyes at him.

"Just take me home. Please" I pleaded, not wanting any more unforseen bump-ins for the night and not wanting to see Leo again either.

"Tell you what. How 'bout we go out for some coffee?"

"Aren't you like the host of the party or something? You're supposed to be here, remember?"

He scratched the back of his head. "Well, actually, my friend from college is the one throwing the party. Trust me, with this place packed full, he won't even notice I'm gone."

A part of me still wanted to go after Leo.

I wanted to confront him and get answers. Much more, I wanted him to know how much he'd hurt me. But somehow, I couldn't find the courage in me to do so. I decided it was best if I pretended like this moment didn't just happen. And hope that it never will again.

"If you say so"

•••••