XXIII

Benita:

I was panicking like an antelope in my hospital, walking up and down the hall way and making phone calls. I had appointed my best people to attend to Zander and kept praying to god to let him live long enough for me to kick his ass about not taking any security with him to avoid such shit.

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢

I had desperately wanted to beg Jack not to leave but I knew he had a job to do so I settled for sulking which he kissed away.

"You know I don't wanna leave so don't worry I'll be back as soon as I can, not a second more okay?"

I huffed in frustration and gave him the stink eye.

"Okay."

"Don't pout like that."

He took my face and kissed me till I forgot what I was feeling but I still felt sad a little.

I got to the party earlier in an Alice in wonderland costume with a bunny mask, it was the most adorable. My eyes was out for Zander and Lailani but there was no sign of them and I started to get worried so I called Zanders cell but it was picked up by a stranger and that made my heart beat faster in panic. I was ready to throw threats when the receiver told me that Zander had been shot.

My mind was in shambles as I started to pace and asked for his attacker which unfortunately turned out to be the psycho Emero. I wanted to burst into tears when he also said that Lailani was kidnapped, the guy could be doing anything to her but Zander comes first.

I felt hopeless when I saw him in the parking lot barely breathing, and looked around for the person who had picked up the my call but he was no where to be found and the men with me had said that the tracks of a car leaving was still warm and asked if they should go after him but I said no. It was enough that the person didn't kill Zander and told about him to me.

In minutes the car was zooming out of the parking lot and to my hospital, even though it was fairly far, we had no choice. The mafia life has a price to pay I guess but I didn't want my only recognized cousin out of two to pay for it with his life!

One of my men brought a file that was found in Zanders car. I greedily let my eyes dive into the information the file held and I was shocked and impressed by what I drank in, but also disappointed that I wasn't told about this sooner. Zanders plan to infiltrate Emeros hole was foolproof and ready, I could only imagine the delicate procedures taken to complete it. The file basically had a plan B.

I sighed heavily, and looked to wards the emergency doors with a silent vow in my mind that if not for ending whatever bullshit is going on between them, then for Lailani I'm going to lead the operation.

Guillermo:

Fuck it.

"Sam call Zander."

I couldn't believe I was going through it.

"Sure."

He was trying his hardest not to laugh but I still heard his snicker. Honestly, if two days ago, someone told me that I'll be calling my cousin to partner with him willingly, I would have shot that person in the head. Sam gave me the phone who picked up surprised me.

"Benita, baby girl?"

"G. Oh my god, where are you idiot."

Guillermo smiled for the first time in weeks. He loved his baby cousin more than anybody else.

"I'm sorry baby girl but where is Zander."

He heard her sob and in a flash he was alert and tense.

"What happened baby girl."

"Emero shot Zander in the head and now he is in the emergency room."

He wanted to laugh and say that the bastardo deserved it but that wasn't his main concern at That moment.

"And Lailani. Well you might not know her but she has Zanders tattoo so she's basically his wife yeah well Emero kidnapped her."

His mind went blank.

"Porka miseria."

This was rushed.

     Loves y'all.
                 ~aliya❣