The Date

Next morning, I woke up in Najya's arms and saw him doing something on his phone.

Najya: Good morning princess!

ME: *yawns* good morning.

Najya: Did you sleep well?

ME: Yes baby. 
What are you doing?

Najya: surprise *winks*

ME: plsssssssssssss?🥺

Najya: Why can't I say no to that face!!

ME: cause.......it is what it is

Najya: so I was thinking we could go on a proper date and I didn't know how to ask you. Then, today morning, Nic texted, saying that he found himself a girl and was going on a date and gave me the idea that we could go on a double date. So I was just checking out places that we can go to. 

ME: Hold up hold up. First off what is a "proper date"?

Najya: So it's like we eat at a nice place, then I take you to my favourite place and then a surprise in the end.

ME: We did that already right?

Najya: When?!

ME: The day you took me to the carnival.

Najya: Babe, we were'nt together that time and that wasn't a proper date. It was more like a picnic. Anyways, does going on a second date hurt?

ME: Of course not baby! I didn't mean it that way. I mean, I was just confused. 

Najya: ok. 

ME: And........are you sure about the double date? For like a little space and privacy and what if Nic's girl friend does'nt like me? I mean it's common.

Najya: Babe, just stop overthinking. Even I've never gone on a double date, infact, I have'nt even gone a regular date cause I never had a girl friend. Your my first and last. So, let's just give things a try.

ME: Ok baby.

I showered and put on some black denims and a black t-shirt.

Both of us finished breakfast and Najya left for work soon after.

The entire day I watched movies and chose what to wear for the date and texted Najya a bit.

As usual he came back home at 6 o'clock and both of us got dressed and left for our date.

After an hour's drive, we reached a fancy restaurant and saw Nic with a girl, already at a table. 

Me and Najya went over to them and sat down.

ME: Hey guys!

Nic: Heyyoo. Meet my girl friend - Chloe

Chloe: Hey ya'll. Nice to meet you!

Najya: Nice to meet you too Chloe.

I sat with Chloe on my right and Najya on my left and Nic opposite to me.

All of us talked for a while and Chloe and I exchanged numbers.  Then we ordered our food but it took time to get prepared so we continued talking.

Just this one thing bothered me the entire time - Najya could'nt take his eyes off Chloe.

I know she's beautiful and all but he has a girl friend sitting right beside him.

Oh yeah, how could I forget, I'm not even as beautiful as Chloe or any other girl. Why would I believe someone's words and hurt myself this way.

I took out my phone and texted Najya.

BABE💖🖤

Babe, do you realise your staring at Chloe?