CHAPTER 2

"Aahhh" Aarya lets out a small gasp when she bumps into someone making the letter fall from her hand. She immediately starts looking downward to pick her letter up. "You should be careful while walking" she complains in a sweet voice not even glancing towards the person she bumped into. While she was trying to pick the letter, she sees another person's hand picking the letter. Aarya keeps her focus on the letter and takes it away from the person's hand as soon as he moves it forward towards her.

"AARYA" a girl shouts making Aarya look towards her direction. The girl comes to Aarya with hasten steps. "I have been looking for you everywhere, come fast..." saying so the girl holds Aarya's hand and drags her towards the auditorium.

Sitting in a chair, waiting for her name to be called, while her brain is running around waiting for some idea to pop up so that she could make a nice speech. "Anyway i won't be seeing them after today so its fine if i make a fool of myself" with that thought Aarya calms her brain and stops thinking about her speech.

She was still in her thoughts when she hears "Aarya Eli...Please come on the stage". Aarya looks towards the stage, while she could hear all the people clapping in background, she lets out a sigh and walks upto the stage with a smile. The award and certificates are given to her, while all the jury and chief guests congratulate her wholeheartedly. Finally the last person on the stage, who seemed like a man in his 50s comes towards Aarya, and congratulates her while side hugging her with fondness.

"I am really proud of you, it was nice being principle darling" the man says with immense adoration to which Aarya responds with a bright smile and a respectful head bow. "Go ahead, take the stage" encourages the principle gesturing Aarya to go ahead. She hesitantly nods and moves ahead towards the mic. For a second she just scans the auditorium filled with students, teachers, parents of other students, in general all of them were just people for her. She again lets out a smile sigh and smiles looking towards them.

"What should i say?...." she could see a few people in front smiling at her opening line, she smiles back. "Really i have no idea what should i say to leave a positive influence.......okay...for starters i would like to the address the parents in this room....Please don't give your kids my example...i don't want the curses." Again a slight laugh was heard from quite a few people. "But seriously parents don't do that to your kids. I scored most because i love studying, i really do...but if you ask me to play any sport or cook, it will be a blunder. So let your kids do what they love..please, it would mean the world to them to have your support. And to all the students...i really have nothing to say to you all...i have spent 3 years in this college and i have got the hint that young people are really smart and they don't really need any suggestions to excel. So all the best to you all for your mental and emotional well being....." Aarya lowers her head for a second thinking whether she should continue her speech...she raises her head again deciding to continue. " To all the people in general i would like to say...please have self respect and self worth. We always talk about being caring and loving to others. But we should be there for ourselves. Don't compare yourself to others, don't let others degrade you. You as an individual do need to grow but mostly you don't need to change. So please control your life on your own, take charge. Be it your parents, partners or your kids no one knows you better. So decide for yourself and you will never regret...."

People who have had a conversation with Aarya even once knew her ideologies and thoughts were not something that everyone gave importance to. So the few classmates who were close to her enjoyed a different and rare point of view and thus liked hearing her talk. While there were people who were just there to hand prizes and hear a thank you speech were a little confused of why was this topper talking about things that does not really need to be talked about especially at a graduation ceremony. Nonetheless, Aarya had her ways with words so no one really did mind listening her.

"Yaar sunna...." says a friend of Aarya while tapping her on her shoulder.

"Yes...Abhi..."

"Can i bring two people...please...please..." the boy pleads.

"Sir has allowed only plus one...but i am bringing two of my friends.." she replies.

"You are his favorite...anyways please let me bring two...Sir has obviously told you to look after everything so i am bringing two people okay cover for me"

"I did not say you could bring two..."

"Ohh come on...i helped you arrange for a DJ...please...okay...he will play 5 songs of your choice...i promise be it trash..." Abhi tries to bargain.

" Excuse me..." Aarya replies being offended.

"I mean your music taste is different...anyway the deal is on okay...bye see you later tonight" saying so the guy runs away not wanting to hear her reply. Aarya sighs taking out a paper from her bag which had students name and she writes 2 in front of Abhi's name. She then looks around to find someone and finally spots an elder man and goes toward him.

"Uday kaku..."Aarya calls the man grabbing his attention. The man gives a very sweet smile to her. "Take this..." the man looks at the paper in her hand being confused. Aarya continues "...its my address with the permanent phone number. Whenever you would want to leave your house just contact me and come there."

"I like being a staff at this college, i like being between you kids..."

"But i know you do not like staying at your house with your ungrateful son. Just please remember me whenever you need someone. Even if i am not the one on the other side of the phone just take my name and come there...please" she assures him.

The elderly man gets slightly teary..."Aarya....okay i will keep it in my mind. Now go back to your dorm and get ready. You must look pretty tonight" with that he takes the paper from her hand and they both widely smile.

"I will take my leave...bye take care. I will miss your coffee"

"Take care my child" the man mumbles to himself looking at the paper fondly.