CHAPTER 7

It was October's sweet cold so the girl had a thin shawl wrapped around her body and was walking ahead. Ansh and the other guy, who was addressed as Shaan, turn around to see Aarya coming out of darkness and walking towards them. Shaan looks down at her feet with an unfazed expression, as soon as he makes an eye contact with Aarya. On the other side Ansh widens his eyes seeing her while his chest moves with an unexpected pace. 

"Shaan, who is it?" She questions Shaan as soon as she reaches near them. He turns back and glances at Ansh but before he could utter anything Aarya looks at Ansh with a formal smile questions him through the bars "Yes, how may we help you?" 

Ansh who was lost in his own world, not being able to believe his luck doesn't respond back  but he surely smiles realizing Aarya was once again in front of him. Aarya furrows her brows in confusion on not getting any response. Shaan takes a stern glance at Ansh and responds to Aarya's question. "He said something about his Dadi and that is arrival was expected..."

"Ohh...is your grandmother's name Riddhi??" Aarya blurts out so interrupting Shaan.
Ansh who desperately wanted to respond 'yes' but to him it felt like he had lost his ability to speak. He opens his mouth to say something but utters hardly any word. Finally he nods his head aggressively to ensure her of his identity and says "yessss....my dadi is Riddhi Maheshwari."

Aarya looks at him with confused expression while Shaan keeps his stare intact on him. "Okay...then come inside..." Aarya then turns to Shaan and continues "open the gate and help him park his car, i will take him inside."

Shaan does as he is asked to while a sweet smile remains plastered on Ansh's face and he keeps glancing at Aarya, who was waiting at the front door for him. Ansh parks his car in the designated place and goes to take out his luggage when he bumps into Shaan, as his eyes were fixed on Aarya.

"Watch your way...Sir" Shaan sternly warns Ansh, but he very well realises he needs to address Ansh formally so he makes sure to add "Sir", which he hardly means.

Ansh blinks twice, presses his lips together and shrugs his shoulders as he mouths a big 'OK' to himself. He again glances at Aarya, who was now arranging the chairs in the yard and smiles to himself. He glances back at Shaan who was taking out Ansh's luggage and casually says "No need to call me Sir, call me Ansh."

Shaan turns back hands Ansh his luggage and replies while shutting the car trunk "Here's your luggage...Sir." Ansh casually nods while Shaan gestures him to go ahead and turns away in other direction.

Ansh glances ahead at Aarya with a light smile and moves towards her after taking a deep breath. He stands beside her for few seconds, just admiring her be.

Aarya was now busy collecting the cups and glasses from around the table of the yard. She collects them all in a tray and turns around to see Ansh standing just beside her. Her eyes slightly widens and she gasps being startled and says " Oh...you should have told me you are done...let's go in. I will show you your room and..."

"I am sorry i startled you..." Ansh apologizes interrupting her.

She slightly smiles and continues " No no its fine...by the way everyone is asleep so you can meet them tomorrow morning." Ansh again slightly nods and follows Aarya who was guiding him inside. As soon as they enter, Ansh takes a quick scan of the house.

A few lights, especially in different corners were still left on so the huge living room was clearly visible. Kitchen on one side, where Aarya places the tray, while a huge lounge on the other, a few doors of rooms and finally a staircase on which Aarya was currently stepping. The maximum furnishing was of wooden which made the house look like a huge cottage and Ansh was surely impressed by it.

Ansh again glances back at Aarya, who was checking and arranging things on her way. While walking upstairs Aarya's bun loosens and gets untangled on their own. She lets out an irritated chuckle and starts tying them again, while Ansh keeps staring at her blankly, still following her.
"What's your name?" Ansh questions so still lost in his trance which makes Aarya turn to him.

"Aarya and your's??" She replies while still trying to tie her hair.

"Aarya" repeats Ansh and continues by saying "leave them open it looks good" being mesmerised. Aarya narrows her eyes finding the suggestion out of line, which is soon realised by Ansh. He clears his throat and continues "I meant hairs look better when they are left open...."

"Its uncomfortable" she replies nonchalantly after rolling her eyes lightly. Just the next moment she stands beside a door and says "It's your room till you are here, so be comfortable and feel free. By the way are you hungry? Did you have dinner?" Ansh aggressively nods yes in response and she continues "Okay then...the room is clean so don't worry about it. I will take my leave...Good night."

She turns back and was about to walk away when her legs bump into the suitcase and legs get tangled making her lose her balance. Aarya clearly realises that she will fall down the stairs and will hit her head open so she covers her head and closes her eyes waiting to feel the impact. But the next moment all she feels is arms around her waist. Aarya opens her eyes in an instant and sees the stairs right in front of her eyes. She then takes a deep sigh and slightly turns her head sideways to see Ansh holding her tight. Not wasting another second Aarya frees herself from Ansh's grip and stands beside him.

Ansh moving forward "Hey, are you okay? Are you hurt..."

Aarya instantly replies interrupting him "No no i am fine...completely fine, thank you so much..."

Now Ansh interrupts her and says "Are you sure your leg is fine? I mean my suitcase is really hurtful, i have an  experience myself" and smiles.

Aarya relaxes herself with a smile and replies back "I am okay. Thanks again and bye."

Not wasting anymore time Aarya walks away and goes inside a nearby room while Ansh's eyes keeps following her and finally he smiles to himself on seeing her shut the door. He picks up his suitcase, scolding it in his mind for nearly breaking Aarya's bones and enters his temporary room shutting the door behind him.