Regret but Why!

I don't know what's with this sudden meeting. I mean we are officially going to be one in a couple of days and any important talk is not more important than this besides we still have phone. Then why all this meeting? I thought while scrolling down the pictures of our engagement.
       One of our distant relatives introduced Ajit's family to mine, being an eligible bachelor my parents even agreed. At first I felt he would be just like 9 to 5 office going man with thick glasses, boring shade and stupid jokes type. But when I met him at a family reunion I was instantly drawn towards him. He still wore glasses but it actually made him look cool whereas for styling he has a pretty tough grasp on colour palette, everything coordinated according to shades.
     A "KNOCK!" on the table diverted me to the real world. I thought Ajit came but it was a boy who wore delicacies-T and bleached denim. I glared at him with questions.
"Hello Miss! What do you like to have?"
So this boy is a waiter, maybe a part-timer, but who cares. I took the menu card which he was holding for me. After skimming through long trails of drink
I ordered a lemonade. Actually I don't want anything now but not ordering will make me rude so lemonade will go.
       Here I finished the third glass of lemonade but he still is not in seen mode. I checked my phone to ring him.
But after hearing twice the recorded voice I dropped the idea. Maybe he is busy, maybe he is stuck,maybe.........oh god! I am thinking too much. In the meantime mom called twice. I lied both the time saying it's packed in parlour so it will take some more time.
       I was calling the waiter for bills but he showed up. Hair was in a look that he messed it with many times, eyes were begging for sleep, the overly grown beards in every direction made me shrink. From where on the earth he travelled here, was the question kicking my neurons. I waved at him. I am seated in the left end of the cafe near the window 5 to 6 tables away from the entrance. Distance plus the crowd of customers gave me some more time to check him. He wore a cringed blue polo-T and regular pants. Oh my! Does his styling sense die, wait a sec does Groom-to-be also have pre-wedding nightmares? I blushed at my ideology.
     After greeting he took his seat in front of me with eyes peeling down and hunched back. I felt distant, to clear this heavy air I signalled the same waiter with two lemonades.
He shot questioning eyes at me
"WHAT???" I interpreted
"Don't tell me Miss you are going to have another two for yourself!!"
"No!" I blushed "one for me and one for my fiance"
He left with Oh! and order.

With him leaving I moved my eyes to this long known person sitting across me who suddenly felt different. I held his resting hands on table with mine,
"Ajit you know I have been waiting for more than an hour here, even mom called twice to know my stats but I lied each time. But what's with you? You don't feel you?"
He felt cold, an eerie coldness passing from his fingers. Who is he? This figure checked my veins. Earlier he felt warm like a cozy couch and now it is making me cold.

"We need to talk!" He moved his hung head up and showed his down peering eyes. When my eyes met his, I felt Storm gusting in his iris.

"Yeah! That is why I came."
Now something is off and that something is very important.

"Sonam!I don't know how to say it but ahhh..." His eyelids shut the only mirror, whereas his head hung down like a dead man.

"I'm sorry Sonam bu-but..I love...someone else..."
It took me minutes to process and when I, I instantly pulled my hands from his.
I felt heavy,dull,dead whatever is appropriate but I felt... I felt... a storm rushing in me in my veins and it was pushing my pupils to come out..BURST OUT!!!!!
But it can be a prank! With a spark of hope. I asked
"Ajit is this a prank?...I ...d-d-on't l-li-k.e..." hiccups rushed between words. I waited for his response but his silence said everything.
I have to control this storm, my nerves, and even my voice. I inhaled a deep breathe to pause that storm
"Ajit!you know what... y-you are s-saying. I mean... we are getting married in two days.." I inhaled again as I pushed the falling tear with the back of my hands.