Pretty

"You look hideous, how can you even look at yourself for that long?" My mother would say giving me her daily dose of disappointment. I knew I couldn't say anything back. I patted my dress down and looked quickly away from the mirror.
"Go, get some food at the market you're 16 very capable" my mother said In a cold, dull tone
"I will need some money mother" I replied quietly
"I'm not giving you my money, after all YOU'RE the reason we don't have money! YOU'RE the reason your father isn't here"
I know she's awful. I just walked out the house, towards the market not knowing how i will get this food.

I walked down the market, greeting the people looking at the food. "Um, hello. May I get 2 loaves of bread. I have nothing to give though sir" I say expecting to be dismissed,
"Oh don't worry young lady, for your beauty I will give it to you for free" He smiled and even put the bread in my basket for me. Wow, that was so kind of him, "Thankyou so much sir" then he nodded and I went on my way to get more food.

That was my first experience with getting free things because of my looks, I was shocked but I won't say I didn't mind it. While I walked in the market I got more and more compliments along with more free food, this was mostly interesting.

By the time I was 18 I had mastered the arts of getting my way, getting whatever I wanted when I wanted. People were so gullible, so naive to actually give me everything I wanted. Having all this attention, all these compliments is what I enjoyed.. I never had that sort of love in years and I liked it, made me feel wanted.
I knew what i was doing was wrong but I didn't mind.