Going Home (Why not?)

19 left first as they didn't have as long as a drive but they all agreed that Judd was not to drive the 126 back. In fact the whole of the 126 asked to go back with Carlos and his partner. "Call us when you get back to Seattle," Bobby's voice cracked as he spoke, he hated goodbyes, "We will, good luck down here. Buck stay away from the fire hydrants (thats another story)," Ben responded saying goodbye to the others, "And always remembers find yourself in Texas," Tommy started, "Or LA," Eddie added, "Call us. In fact every need any advise we'll always be on the other end of the phone," "Brothers in uniform," Mateo added. 19 pulled away and the others ran along side waving goodbye but stopped at the end of the road. 

With the flaming red 19 engine disappeared into the horizon the 126 and the 118 picked themselves up off the floor and walked back into the firehouse to stock the 126 for there ride home. They did the same again. Only this time it was a lot harder knowing that when the 126 left it was like the wildfires never happened. "We're gonna miss you," Hen cooed, "Just keep Buck and TK apart and we'll be fine," Carlos added with Eddie agreeing with him, "Come on the sooner we leave the sooner we get back. Nancy, TK, Marjan taken your travel sickness tablets?" Owen asked, "Travel sickness?" FD burst out into laughter remembering how those three especially TK and Nancy were barely standing up right after Judd drove. "Carlos drive with us for an hour put Tommy in with your partner and you'll see what we mean," "I might just take you up on that offer." Cue intense cat calling as the last few came out of the toilets. 

The 118 ran with the 126 shouting at each other through the windows before letting them go. 

19's POV

We pulled into 19 with B shift already on duty and overjoyed to have the engine back. Not some much when they saw the engines state. After being parked/moved in mud then driving into a wildfire what would you? Eat your dinner off it clean? "Guys we have to call the 118 we promised!" Sullivan shouted, "The 118 who are they?" "LAFD and the 126 Austin FD. You missed probably the time of your lives!" Dean yelled as Maya dialled the 118 to let them know that they were home safe.

126's POV

Carlos regretted riding the 126 with Judd driving as the tablets were working for Marjan, not so much Nancy and TK. They couldn't open there eyes without throwing up, till the others realised that they had the daunting task of cleaning it. 20+ hours later and the exhausted 126 + Carlos finally pulled into there firehouse. Owen decided to order everyone home and they'd clean the rig another day. He called the 118 to let them know they were home safe and everyone went on there merry way. 

TK and Nancy opted to walk back to there respective apartments they were still so sick. Carlos ordered his husband straight to bed that evening to which was gratefully followed.

118's POV 

With both the 126 and 19 back home safe and sound they felt like they could finally breath again. B shift got to work on the rig as it was not all sunshine and rainbows. For some reason they were drawn to watch, they watched the memories of the blood, sweat, fear, pain got washed away from existence. This was going to be a rough week. How the hell was this going to work?