Prologue: Zombies! Aliens! Robots! & Monsters! OH MY!

Rook Hallows:

okay, So. . . the world has always been kinda shitty, no denying that; but, after the events of "Bad Friday," things became predominantly much much worse than they should have been. Okay, I know this sounds strange so here's some clarification; it was November, Friday the 13th and it started out being a pretty forgettable day. I was playing online with some buddies on Discord, none of us really had any plans so we all grouped up to handle one of the toughest raids in the game, "Valor of Eternals," it was going well but something was off as the day went on; alerts kept blaring and sounding on my phone, I didn't think much of it so I went to mute it, but the alerts caught my eye. Warnings from the CDC and the Military, telling people to stay indoors and stuff like that; I wasn't unnerved a bit so I hopped back on discord to see if my buddies were getting the same alerts.

I hopped back in and started typing:

Rook&Roll#1346: Hey guys mind if I ask something?

Sure man shoot :PufPufPow#2240(Roman)

yeah what's up? :Zookman#1815(Zack Morris)

go for it :Babylonbabe#6940(Becka Silva)

Rook&Roll#1346: my phone was blaring alerts few minutes ago, so I went to go check it, found a ton of alerts and warnings from like the govern't like CDC and military shit, checking to see if ya bros got some too?

KK I'll check :PufPufPow#2240

Same :Babylonbabe#6940

ye :Zookman#2240

I waited there a few minutes before Zack invited us to a group chat, getting my headset I joined in, "Zack what's up?"

"yo dude, I didn't want to text this the entire time, but dude I've got the same alerts on my phone too," Becka joined in along with Roman, all saying the same thing.

"yeah, and they seem legit too," Becka looked a bit antsy so I asked her what was wrong, "it's nothing, but. . ." somehow I doubt it was nothing, "I'm just gonna call my parents to see if they're okay, got to go" she logged off after that.

"Yeah I think we all need to check on some stuff on our ends," Zack stated, "we'll call each other later alright?" we all agreed and logged off.

"ah shit," I told myself, cause like an idiot I forgot to check the battery life on my phone. it was dead so I had to wait till it was charged, so I started looking for the cord and plug; about half an hour in I remembered I felt it in the downstairs kitchen.

I made my way down thinking about where exactly I left it, I think I left it in the outlet near the fridge, but I stopped halfway down the stairs when I heard a sound coming from the kitchen like someone was smashing up the place; and since I watched enough horror movies to spot a trope when I hear one, I decided to do the smart thing and get my dads gun cause like hell am I going to investigate a mysterious noise without something a way to exert my second amendment all over it.

Good thing my dad started leaves me the spare key to the gun box after I got certified, now prepared I went back down. To be honest, at this point I am freaking the hell out, I mean I might have to straight up kill a dude here, that's stressful man, but then I saw what was making the noise and I thought to myself,  yeah. . . I'd prefer a normal robber then this, cause what I saw was kinda batshit crazy; a zombie, an honest to freaking god zombie was in my house covered in glass shards from busting up my backyard sliding door, "Oh shit!" And with that it heard me, glad though it was the slow walking kind so I essentially had all the time in the world to line a good shot.

Was just about to fire when, guess what, a damn robot dog came in and started mauling the zombie to death; I was like, "WTF!?" and after it finished mauling it, it set its literal laser sights on me. Now see, I start firing like Blam! Blam! Blam! but it's made of metal and shit so bullets are kinda worthless; so I do the only rational thing, I throw a towel over its head and I run the hell away as fast as I can. I manage to make it out of the house just as a giant monster comes crashing into it as it was fighting both the military and a flying saucer shooting freaking lasers out of it, "WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING!?" I managed to scream before dodging a stray laser blast from the freaking alien ship. 

Holy hell everything was in chaos, and I live in a suburb so anything out of the ordinary was chaos but this was literal chaos, military vehicles were rushing left and right, soldiers were running about, and there were literal two-way firefights between aliens, the army, and zombies, I don't count the zombies seeing as they can't shoot a thing; "Hey! Hey! Over here," I managed to flag down a troop transporter that was passing by, the soldier in the front yelled back.

"What are you doing out here Kid its a warzone out here!?"

"I was trying to survive after a giant damn monster flattened my house!" I gestured to the crater that was once my house, "and now I need a ride to safety, mind if I tag along?"

The soldier thought about it for a bit before ultimately agreeing and letting me hop in the back of the transport; as we were driving I thought it might be a good idea to check how many bullets I actually had left, "hey, you soldiers mind if I check my gun for a bit? I just need to see how much ammo I have left."

After they agreed I popped out the magazine to see how many rounds I had left, it was an abysmal three, "great, three bullets left" I muttered to myself before loading the clip back in.

"Here kid," one of the soldiers handed me a small box of bullets, "it's not good to be caught defenseless, especially now," I gave my thanks and started loading my dad's gun back.

They managed to take me to their makeshift base of operations, where they've been taking everyone who's been caught in the crossfire. "You got parents kid?" the soldier from the front of the transporter asked.

"Yeah, but they ain't here, they were on the other side of the city, so odds are they aren't here."

"Alright kid, so what are you gonna do now?"

I thought about it for a bit, what was I gonna do? "I. . ." really what was I gonna do? "I guess I'll just get a few supplies here and head somewhere to wait this all out I guess?" not sure why I phrased it as a question.

"well," the soldier rubbed his chin, "I think you'd be safer if you stayed here but I can't stop you," he gestured towards the tent where a few civilians were crowded, "go to that tent and they'll give you a survival pack, with MRE's and some other stuff, alright?"

"Yeah, thanks," I waited in line to get my supplies and head out, after all this wholes things gonna blow over someday right?. . . Right?

That was six years ago, and truth be told it's been pretty alright; my parents are still missing but what can I say, I'm an optimist. But I wonder how long that's gonna change, shit I really hope it doesn't I really enjoy my life right now in the post-apocalypse; I mean unless the author an ass and decides to screw over my life just for the sake of entertainment. they ain't like that. . . oh fuck they are aren't they, well shit; guess I'm in for a ride.