eight: checkmate

Emily got to her feet, using the wall for support. Her plan to escape was supposed to have begun five minutes ago. Instead, though, she had been tased so that Queenie could kick and hit her without effort.

"Where... the hell... did you even get... a taser?" Emily asked, leaning on the wall as she tried to catch her breath.

"I don't know. Harvey brought it back. Right now, I'm glad he did." Queenie raised the taser again, and Emily, fed up and ready to go home, leapt at her.

She successfully knocked the taser across the room and pushed Queenie against the wall.

Spencer sat tied to the chair, trying to figure out how he could help, when the taser landed against his feet. "Emily!" He didn't have much of a voice, but she heard him.

"What?" She yelled, throwing another punch at Queenie's face.

"Taser!" He managed.

"What? Oh!" Emily dodged the kick that Queenie sent at her stomach and dived for the taser. 

Queenie froze. "Don't. You. Dare."

"What? Not ready?" Emily asked, and tased her.

She fell writhing to the floor. Once she stopped moving, Emily put her in a sleeper hold and waited until she passed out.

"What a play." Spencer coughed out. 

Emily chuckled dully and began undoing the ropes tying him to the chair. "Let's get out of here, huh?"

"Here is good." Harvey said, stopping and looking at the dense trees around them.

Penelope and Rossi exchanged a glance. Rossi nodded.

Harvey looked back at them. "Alright. On your knees."

Rossi turned around to look at Harvey. 

"I said on your knees." He said, putting his finger on the trigger.

Rossi thought for a second, then looked Harvey dead in the eyes. "No."

Penelope reached over and hit the gun up, the bullet shooting into the trees. 

"Bitch!" Harvey screamed, turning to her now.

Rossi dipped to the ground and picked up a branch, swinging it around to crash into the back of Harvey's head. He stumbled forward, and Garcia picked up a rock at her feet. 

He scrambled around, looking up at them in terror. He began to stand up--

Garcia threw the rock, and Harvey collapsed, passed out.

Rossi turned to her. "Did you aim for his head?"

"Yeah." She breathed, pulling the gun from Harvey's hand at handing it to Rossi.

He nodded in approval. "Good aim."

JJ and Morgan froze and turned to each other.

"That was two shots..." JJ whispered.

Morgan shook his head. "No. No, there is no way-- JJ we've gotten this far, we cannot go back now, they're fine."

"Morgan--"

"No, JJ, they have to be fine, because I don't know what I'll do if they aren't around after all of this." Morgan turned back to the wall and gave a desperate kick. The wall sighed and caved, begrudging the two a dusty passage out. Sunlight filtered in from the open trapdoor in the other room.