Married?

Disclaimer: Don't own HP Characters, but Miranda is purely mine, actually my muse and I are in a custody battle for her.

Chapter 2

Harry and Hermione looked at each other, each thinking the exact same thing, "Married?"

"Uh...Hermione," Harry started as he looked at her uncertainly. "I…well...how do you feel about this?"

"I knew it; he doesn't want me, not really. It really was too good to be true," Harry heard from his new wife as she looked away.

He quickly grabbed her hand, "I do want you and…us." As Hermione turned back to Harry, he could see that she was trying to blink back the wetness that had crept into her eyes. "I just don't know what it means. I mean it's all going so fast," Harry nervously ran his hand through his hair, "You know me and words Hermione, they usually don't go well together. It's just the suddenness of all of this shocked me and, well, I just...I feel like you've been cheated. I wanted you to be my girlfriend and I take you on dates, and sometime in the future I would ask you to marry me, and give you the option to say if I'm worthy of being your husband. I want to put a ring on your finger, and someday we have the same kind of wedding as Bill and Fleur had …" Harry's words faltered, but his thoughts continued on, "I love you Hermione. I want to make up for the things I didn't do in the past, because I want you to be my future, especially now that I know I have a future."

The sincerity that blazed in Harry's eyes amazed Hermione. It's one thing to be told by Miranda that the two of them were soul mates, but to see that look in Harry's eyes, the look Hermione knew from many years of past experience, carried more meaning than even the words of a Goddess. "You really do love me, don't you, Harry? And you think I'm pretty?"

"Not just pretty, Hermione, I think you are beautiful, and yes, I really do love you. When you were in my arms in…in…well, in there, it felt so right. I just…well, I know Miranda says we are soul mates, and this mental talking stuff is confusing, but I just don't want to think you're stuck with me because of destiny or whatever."

Hermione smiled at her husband. "I think I like this destiny much more than what you had to deal with, and I guess deal with again," She squeezed his hand as she continued ,"Harry, you are more than worthy of being my husband, I just can't believe you would ever want me for a wife," She put a finger to his lips to prevent the protest she heard in her mind, "I can see it in your eyes, though, and I know it's true," She leaned in and kissed Harry lightly on the lips before continuing, "I would have loved the romance and dates. I hate to admit it, but I would have loved a big wedding and that special dress, having my Father wa…" Her voice stopped abruptly and voice rose to a higher volume. "Harry, my parents, they aren't in Australia, I haven't done what I had to do to them. I get to see them in just a few weeks," She couldn't contain the glee in her voice, then a look of sadness enveloped her eyes and looking at Harry. "Please let's do our best not to get to that point this time. I can't do it again."

"I never want you to have to, love. We will do it better this time," Harry replied. He took a deep breath and released it before he continued. "Are we going to tell them about our marriage?"

"I...I guess we better," Hermione replied somewhat hesitantly, as she looked into Harry's eyes.

"It's just a document at the ministry that says we are married, well, that and the giggling Goddess."

"Hey I resemble that," Miranda giggled. "Did I mention how much I love champagne?"

"We can pretend the document doesn't exist for now," Harry continued after the interruption. "Let's go on those dates, let's get comfortable with being boyfriend and girlfriend. I don't think I can surprise you with the ring, but I will ask your father when it's time. I can at least surprise him, and if he doesn't kill me, I'll take you to pick out the ring. We can then have that wonderful wedding you want. As for us already being married, well, we can deal with it at a later time if it does become an issue."