// 𝐚𝐝𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐲 (til they're beaten and worn)

i'd like to give a reminder to she/her readers that this story has not been written for you

i'd like to give a reminder to she/her readers that this story has not been written for you. i obviously can't stop you from reading and have no issues if you're doing so respectfully, but there have been a few reading lists that this story has been added to recently by she/her identifying readers that are inappropriate, for both the gender of the MC but especially for the age of the characters. please remember that i can see what reading lists you add this story to and be mindful, or i'll simply be removing this story from the platform. thanks, everyone

★ ─── 悪役

Adrien shifted between his feet, staring up at the signs plastered over and around the entryway. The smell of bread and other baked goods was irresistibly enticing, pulling him a step closer, enough so for him to place a hand on the handle. He walked in to not look weird loitering at the door, though his thoughts were somewhat rattled.

Once he came face to face with Marinette's parents, he grimaced, reminded of last night's events. No staying for dinner, he told himself, and he flashed a bright smile. "Marinette and I are finalists in the Paris Ultimate Mecha Strike III tournament." Upon Sabine's confusion, he clarified, "We were only paired up this afternoon."

The woman's eyes lit up, a grin on her face. "Oh, you two are a pair, huh? No surprise, Marinette talks about you all the time."

Adrien faltered, eyebrows knitting together. He raised them to mask his revolution with a more tolerable feeling of surprise. "Is that so?"

"Mum!" a voice grumbled, and he turned his head to see the girl descending from her room. She giggled, turning her head to hide her flushed cheeks. "Come up, Adrien."

After bidding the parents a brief farewell, he followed Marinette up to her room. She gestured to her computer, where the game was already set up with two controllers ready, and he took a seat. The room was incredibly... pink. He didn't realise so many shades of the colour could exist in such a small space.

Something brushed against his hand when he reached for a controller. Marinette chuckled nervously, pulling her hand back quickly. "Sorry!"

"No, you go," he said politely, an uncomfortable sweat building on his neck. "I'll use—"

"—the other one." Their fingers clashed again. Adrien grabbed the remote she wasn't touching promptly after, letting them start the game.

They practised in near silence, Marinette's parents popping in occasionally to offer an assortment of treats. Adrien leaned out to grab something each time, only for the girl to yell at them to go away. He was put off by her behaviour, dismissing their efforts to continue with the gameplay.

Adrien frowned. She was lucky to have parents who cared for her as much as they did, and Marinette took no pride in that relationship at all.

He could only sigh in relief as he finally convinced her to have a break and eat something, getting away from the increasingly stuffy atmosphere and breathing in the calm of the outdoors.