// 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰 (that broke the camel's back)

welcome back ;)

welcome back ;)

★ ─── 悪役

Everything was intentional. Every smile, wave, nod of greeting, tailored to each person whose gaze he met. They would smile, wave, or nod before facing away from him, seemingly brighter than they had been prior.

He remembered what they wanted; he noticed which topics they'd come back to over and over as the days continued to stream by, or how their faces changed upon noticing certain people or things, and as someone who knew them so well, his classmates confided in him easily.

He was just trying to be decent, but that's why they loved him.

[Y.Name] found out, shortly after he'd started attending secondary school, that he'd somehow amassed a reputation for being some kind of psychic. Apparently, it was a compliment—something that blossomed from admiring his above-average memory—that spiralled into insanity. His brow furrowed deeply at the person who had approached to confirm said rumour. There was no way he could stare them in the eyes and guess what they were thinking, unlike what they believed.

However, with a reputation for being a mind reader, the entire student body seemed to paw at his arm, asking to speak to him in private. Then they told him everything. Knowing such intimate details of their life made him feel awkward, but he'd offer his sincere advice, hoping it'd help.

And when it did, so much more often than not, he became invaluable. He could be unstoppable, really, with the power he could hold over them. Did they think he was incapable of deceiving them? Of twisting things for his own benefit? Who could tell him? [Y.Name] surmised that maybe he just had kind eyes. Despite that, though, he remained as he had—though enforcing a few firm boundaries—advising without manipulating. Not because he couldn't, but because there wasn't much point in doing so.

Except for one classmate who was really testing his patience.

Marinette was once a good friend of his. Having been in the same class for multiple years, and with his best friends also enjoying her company, [Y.Name] found they naturally gravitated towards each other. She was charming and kind, and not completely unpleasant to talk to; a quality that a few of his classmates lacked.

They never spent much time together, outside of the occasional taste-testing of new recipes or group meet ups, but they were close enough that no one would ever question why they were talking.

At least until Adrien arrived at school.

[Y.Name] had, and still has, no clue what happened on the blond's first day, but the girl went from having no idea who he was to creepily keeping track of his every waking move. [Y.Name] once had to physically hold her jaw shut to stop her from drooling all over herself.

The final straw came when she wanted his advice on how to confess. Romance was the one major thing [Y.Name] steered clear from, much to the chagrin of many love struck high schoolers, and it was something he expected Marinette to remember and respect, having known him for as long as she had. But no, this situation was apparently life or death, and, with the intensity of her begging, [Y.Name] genuinely almost believed she'd drop to the floor lifeless the moment he rejected her.