// 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐮𝐧 (watch the flowers bloom)

★ ─── 悪役

★ ─── 悪役

Adrien stirred awake as he usually did, eyes closed but vision glowing from the light shining in through the windows. He breathed in consciously, stretching with the inhale and sinking back into the mattress with the exhale.

He was... warmer than he typically was in the morning. Leaning back, twisting around and entangling himself around it, he allowed himself to be enveloped by the weight draped over every limb, succumbing to the grogginess still present in his body.

At least until he felt something brush against his skin. Adrien's eyes snapped open, only to be met with the chest of [Y.Name], who had ended up much closer than he remembered him being when he first fell asleep. He froze as the other stroked his thumb over the small of his back, then adjusted both arms to wrap securely around his waist.

"[Y.Name]," he started, stammering and so quiet that he almost couldn't hear himself. "Could you let go, please?"

Nothing. Wiggling around, fighting to get free without causing too much of a disturbance, Adrien got into a seated position, albeit still restricted around his hips. He used his hands to push himself up and over the side of the bed, and almost made it until [Y.Name] rolled onto his back, pulling the covers out from under his hands and tipping him off balance.

Adrien fell back, catching himself on his elbow, which landed directly on [Y.Name]'s neck. The teen woke with a start, hacking up and gasping for air, holding his throat. The blond jumped back in shock, falling over the edge of the bed and onto the floor with a shout.

"Are—," interrupting himself with another coughing fit, [Y.Name] wheezed, wiping under his eyes with one hand to clear both the crust and building tears and half-heartedly reaching for Adrien with the other. "—gah, fuck! Are you alright?"

"Uh, ha ha, yeah. Totally..."

Overall, a very successful start to the morning.

The scraping of cutlery against plates was the only sound that resonated throughout the room. Adrien's eyes flicked up every now and again to look at the side of [Y.Name]'s face as he was eating. He was totally unbothered by everything, consuming everything with an affable grin on his face.

He looked away again, preposterously aware of the hotness radiating from his cheeks. It was like every second thought that appeared in his mind was about either the refreshing comfort of when he first came to that morning, or the crushing embarrassment that followed soon after.

Hearing laughter, Adrien saw [Y.Name] staring right at him. Ducking his face out of view only made the snickering louder.

"Y'know, I've never had a friend try to kill me in my sleep before."

His head hit the table, narrowly missing the food he'd pushed away prior. "Gosh, I'm so sorry about that."

"Well, I can breathe now, so you're fine." [Y.Name] shovelled the last of his breakfast in his mouth. "Any plans for today?"