~•Chapter 4•~

The excitement of his first official date had died down as he ventured forward defeating minor nuisances of the Hollownest. Climbing a platform before hoping to a ledge close by he started to climb up the steps there until he reaches what looked to be the bottom of a pit with a passageway right behind him as he turned. Using a ledge opposite of it he jumps up to the passage sliding slightly from the force before he sees enemies, which were a couple of wandering husks and a husk hornhead, just ahead of him. Cracking his neck he kneels down grinning as they formed a straight line, charging forward he hopped over the first slicing the head in half before tossing the scythe forward cutting the horn off the hornhead and getting stuck in the husk behind it. He leaps over the hornhead grabbing the scythe's handle before spinning in place taking both heads off.

Standing in place he soon pumps his fist silently saying "Yes!" as he stood straight again "Might've been showy but it's effective either way." He says nonchalantly before turning to leave. The gate slammed shut in front of him catching him off guard until the entrance behind him was shut as well, something soon landed in front of him as he was looking at the closed entrance. Taking a stance with closed eyes he opens them to stare at his opponent only to stand stunned, Hegemol stood just ahead of him wielding a mace causing him to be confused. One or the five here defending a empty room "Halt intruder! You've invaded a private area!" He announced making Y/n look at him weirdly seeing him shout like that.

However, as he was distracted Hegemol jumped up into the air having his mace be brought down on the heir until he rolled back having it miss. Hopping onto the ball he is brought above him and uses his fingers to cling on his back as it dug between the crevices of his armoured shell, swinging wildly trying to get y/n he soon feels him hop off causing Hegemol to lose his balance from the push. Landing on his feet he watches him fall until the mask opened revealing a maggot behind it "wait, what? That's not Hegemol, then where was he if this maggot holds his armour?" He thought before he heads forward grabbing at the grubs face starting to pull.

In a state of panic the grub stood back up and backpedal reaching up and grabbing the heir by his waist, tossing him away he lands on his feet before pointing at the grub as the mask closed over it's face "You have stolen the armour of Hegemol and for such actions of impersonating him, I'll take your life with no remorse." Y/n announces in anger before charging forward. Holding the mace by the shafts end he swings at him and disappeared from sight. Having taken hold of the ball he soon hops onto the armour helmet taking hold of the horns, dropping the mace the maggot tried to grab him until he tilted the head to the right causing him to charge at the wall until the armour rungs from the impact.

Still on top he repeats this by tilting it up, down, left and right making the maggot inside bash the armour against the walls damaging him further until his blood dripped out from his mouth causing it to leak through the armour's helmet. Hopping off him he walks up the his back as he tilts to keep his balance until y/n pushed him forward with his finger, the weight and damage they caused soon had him fall through the floor and crashed to the floor below them.

Landing at the top of the armour he sees the helmet open again as the maggot fell out, showing his true size to him, having bruises and blood dripping from his lips. Walking forward with his scythe sheathed he stood tall as he watches the infected maggot look up to him with his eyes returning to black beads "All I wanted was to protect my kin." He says with weaken breath. The sounds of gasping draws his attention as he sees the retreating figure of a maggot above them, looking at him again he nods before simply patting his head gently "I can understand, I'm sorry for your kin to mourn a loss." Y/n tells him making the maggot gaze up to him in surprise until the life left his eyes.