Chapter 8 - Mrs Kirstein

A/N: this chapter will be a bit shorter than usual and will mostly be a filler before the main plot point of part 1 in the upcoming one/two chapters. it's also purely wholesome stuff, so i hope you enjoy!

I woke up a bit later than I usually would, at around 9:30am

I woke up a bit later than I usually would, at around 9:30am. My job for today was just to send and answer some casting related e-mails for possible future roles, so I decided to do it as soon as possible so I can have a day to relax and do nothing.

Since yesterday, Zeke and I exchanged a few texts, but nothing too much, and we still haven't talked about the kiss. I felt really bad continuing to text him and leading him on, since I literally lied to him and hid the fact that I was actually a journalist, and was also possibly faking my feelings. Because of that, I decided to avoid him at least for today since tomorrow that won't be possible, because of the party of course.

Soon enough, my job for the day was done, so I headed downstairs to see what Jean was up to. Just like he promised, he was cleaning around the house for a reason unknown to me.

"Can't you just hire a cleaning lady for that?" he turned to me as soon as I spoke.

"I like getting the job done by myself, I don't wanna spoil myself too much. Besides, I'm very much capable of cleaning the place by myself." a small smile appeared on his lips while saying that, gosh he was just so cute.

"Why are you cleaning anyways? Didn't you tell me you cleaned up the place like a week ago?"

"Ohhhh, it seems like I forgot to tell you, my apologies. But yeah, my mom's coming over today!"

His what?! His MOTHER is coming over?! TODAY?!

"Why didn't you let me know earlier?!"

"Sorry, I guess I got carried away." he smiled softly once again, a half-angry but mostly surprised expression now forming on my face. This man was so casual about something like this, and for what?!

The thought of meeting his mother while knowing him for less than a week made me even more nervous. Like, what will she think of me? Will she get the wrong idea? What impression should I leave on her? It all pained me so much I started sweating, palms now watery and my face hot and burning.

"Also, I know this is very unexpected and that I've already asked you to do enough for me, but could you please just do this one last thing for me?" he came up to me after leaving his mop next to the bucket, now cupping my hands with his. Our eyes made contact, which made my heart thump uncontrollably. The air felt thick and my eyes were so wide open to the point that they started burning.

"It depends, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to help." I muttered out a sentence, desperately trying not to lose my cool.

"Oh goodness, thank you! Because I uh... I need you to pretend to be my partner while my mom's over."

That's it, I give up. A FAKE ROMANTIC PARTNER FOR FUCKS SAKE?!! WHAT IS THIS, A ROMCOM?!

"What the hell?! You want me to lie to your mother in her face and pretend to be your significant other?!"