Chapter 2

When I got back from hunting there was peacekeepers everywhere and worried people walking the streets. I realised it must've been later than I thought as it looked like people were already getting ready to go to the reaping. I hurriedly ran back to my house and dumped a rabbit on my kitchen table.

I quickly ran myself a bath full of cold water and scrubbed myself as clean as I could. I hopped out of the bath got dried and went to my mums closet looking for some sort of decent outfit. I found a long khaki coloured dress and brown trainers with not to many holes. I picked up a small silver box out the corner of the cupboard and picked out a small golden ring that belonged to my mum and a thin hair tie.

I walked over to the window so I could try see my reflection while I tie up my wavy, blonde locks into a low ponytail. I pulled a few strands out at the front to make my face look a little bit better and surprisingly it did. I actually looked pretty for once. I was pulled from my thoughts when there was a soft knocking on my door.

I opened my door to find the Everdeen family waiting for me.
" We are heading to the reaping now, you should walk with us so your not late," calmly said Mrs Everdeen.
I replied with a simple " yes, give me two minutes" I ran back inside, double checked I look ok and went back to the door. As I closed the door over Primrose turned to me and said
" you look very pretty today Y/N/N," and smiled cutely before stumbling off to catch up with her mum.
" Ready to go and watch more innocent children murder eachother again," said Katniss obviously in a bad mood.
"of course" I replied as sarcastically as possible.

And with that we set off to the reaping hoping neither of us would be picked.