3 - Link: Farosh

The sight Link saw before him on the day he encountered Raven for the third time was astonishing.

A pale, green-tinted dragon, flying so slowly across Lake Hylia, it appeared to be floating along — such a majestic beast to come across that Link felt he was blessed just to have seen it. Its scales glimmered, and, in a trance, Link wondered if the dragon would allow him to have one of those scales as a souvenir. He drew his bow and aimed carefully, wanting to be precise with his shot without disturbing the beast, who really wasn't doing him any harm.

His arrow whizzed through the air, hitting the dragon's scales. Not a moment too late, a small, blinding light fell towards him, landing on the bridge a few feet away. He hurried to gather the scale it dropped for him and back underneath an arch before one of the dragon's balls of electricity could strike him. He continued to stare in awe as the dragon passed him.

"Farosh sure is a sight to behold, huh?"

"Gahh!" Link practically jumped out of his skin at Raven's voice, whipping around in the direction it had come from; he'd been so focused on the dragon, he wasn't even aware of his surroundings. A bit idiotic on his part, he realized then — it could've just as easily been a monster sneaking up on him instead.

I shouldn't let my guard down even for a second, he scolded himself.

Raven, however, merely giggled. "I'll take that response as a yes." Their head was tilted in the direction of the dragon, whom they'd referred to as Farosh. "Farosh, the Green Dragon, is one of three dragons you'll see around Hyrule. The others are Dinraal, the Red Dragon, and Naydra, the Blue Dragon. The dragons are mighty fine creatures to come across — so long as you don't get too close."

Link stared at the sorcerer beside him with widened eyes. He'd already become so accustomed to this person having such a brazen, cocky attitude that seeing them show anything different from it was surprising.

Somehow, though, it was refreshing, too.

"Do you like the dragons?" he asked, genuinely curious, though he realized the moment the question slipped past his lips that their answer was obvious. They wouldn't pay attention to the dragons if they weren't; he'd gathered enough from their personality and words to know that this sorcerer didn't bother knowing about anything that didn't somehow pique their interest.

As expected, Raven scoffed. "Do I like the dragons, he asks. Of course; they're only the most fascinating creatures in the entire land. Well, besides the Divine Beasts, of course, but those are machinery, not creatures." With Farosh now out of sight, their head (and undivided attention) turned towards Link, and he was taken aback at the sight of a genuine smile — and not a smirk — etched across their lips.

"Of course," he replied after a moment of silently staring, knowing he had to say something before they snapped at him for it. Truth was, he didn't know what else to say; this sorcerer was a bit difficult to converse with, he'd concluded, based on their previous interactions. It seemed like if he were to say even one unsatisfactory word, they'd likely chew his head off.

Just as he was thinking they might be better to get along with this time around, their signature cocky grin appeared. "Of course, you'll have some difficulty getting close to the dragons, but it's a piece of cake for me. I've found that the dragons are drawn to magic, and even find peace in it, so of course, they love me. I'm practically full of magic to the brim."

Now, there's the cocky sorcerer I'm used to, Link thought with a sigh. Instead of speaking his mind, however, he merely grumbled, "Only naturally."

Raven nudged his arm — what would have been a playful gesture had they not done so as rough as they did. "Hey, back to speaking of Divine Beasts, though, you haven't gone to take care of any yet, have you?"

"No," he replied honestly, "I haven't yet. I intend to head northeast soon, to Zora's Domain. I plan on making some preparations before I begin traveling there, though."

The sorcerer beside him nodded, and their attention turned to the unactivated glowing tower ahead of them on the other side of the bridge. "A wise decision. Heading into battle unprepared is foolish. It appears you are indeed smart and full of potential yet."

At that, Link cast a glare downward at them. It was then he noticed that, with their feet flat against the surface of the bridge and them standing within close proximity to him, they were actually shorter than him by a decent few inches. For some reason, he found that fact intriguing.

His eyes shifted lower and landed on the peculiar, circular medallion that held Raven's cloak in place. How he was only now noticing it was a mystery, as it had a very distinctive design deeply etched into the shiny metal: a lightning bolt that appeared to be so vividly crackling with electricity, he felt it might actually shock him if he were to come into contact with it. He wondered if the medallion had anything to do with this sorcerer's title or abilities.

As if sensing his staring, their head turned in his direction, though the hood continued to conceal their face despite the upward movement — it did, however, give way enough for him to catch a flash of dark curls hanging around their neck. The second he noticed, they lifted their feet off the bridge and floated up, and Link wondered if it was intentional or not that they had risen slightly above his height. It seemed like they were staring back, but with the hood covering their face like that, he couldn't be certain.

"Well," Raven finally started speaking, "as lovely as this conversation has been, you have preparations to make if you're going to face off against Vah Ruta. We'll meet again, hero."

Though he had some questions for the sorcerer, he knew better than to try stopping them from leaving. In the blink of an eye, they disappeared with a snap of their fingers. He merely sighed at their departure. I'm unsure if I'll ever get used to that.

Link slipped his Sheikah Slate off of his waist to peer at the photos left in the gallery by Zelda for him. Peering closely at one, he thought he recognized where it might be. He came this way following a different photo, but...

It wouldn't hurt to search for another memory before preparing for Vah Ruta, would it?

With that thought, he continued his search for the current photo while keeping the other in the back of his mind.