4 - Link: Blood Moon

Two days later, mere moments before reaching the third memory he wanted to search for before heading for Vah Ruta, Link was finishing off the last Moblin of one of their larger camps when he noticed, all around him, red particles were swirling about, moving faster and faster as he kept watching. Casting his gaze at the sky above him, his eyes were drawn to the moon instantly, which strangely appeared much larger than normal, as well as having obtained a deep, crimson red hue that reminded him of blood and sent an ice-cold chill down his spine.

He didn't understand what was happening, but apparently, the two voices he was most familiar with, did. Princess Zelda's voice reached him first, saying, "Link... Link... Be on your guard. Ganon's power grows... it rises to its peak under the hour of the blood moon. By its glow, the aimless spirits of monsters that were slain in the name of the light return to flesh. Link... please be careful."

Raven's voice came immediately after, just as the monsters around him started to respawn before his very eyes. "Why are you just standing there, you idiot?!"

Before he could acknowledge what was going on, a hand had tightly wrapped around his and began dragging him along, and the same voice yelled at him, "Hurry!"

Link ran along with the familiar figure that tugged on his hand with urgency, and he risked a glance behind him at the newly revived monsters he'd taken the time to defeat. The heaviness in his chest felt lighter when they didn't notice him and Raven, but at the same time, he was also frustrated that they were alive again when he'd just defeated them all mere moments ago.

Then, realization struck him like lightning, and his head whipped back to Raven's form running ahead of him. Something about them was different from when he usually saw them. With a shock, he finally registered what it was: Raven's hood was down, and thick locks of dark hair flew past their shoulders as their feet pounded against the ground, swishing back and forth from their movements.

Link knew now wasn't the time to comment on it, nor was he given the chance to even if he'd wanted to. Shortly after he'd noticed, they made a sharp turn into a cave, where a small group of four Bokoblins huddled around a campfire were promptly alerted to their presence. Link instinctively moved to draw his weapon, preparing to fight, when Raven flicked their hand out — a clear sign to stand down.

Do I finally get to witness Raven's magic? he wondered.

The answer to his question? Yes, he did.

After motioning to him, Raven lifted their hand, and white sparks crackled dangerously between their fingers. They took aim at one of the Bokoblins, and the force of lightning shooting from their hand struck it down, blasting it to smithereens.

The other three, outraged, gripped their clubs and squealed as they charged forward, only to be cut off when Raven pushed their arms out to either side of them, forming a protective wind bubble around the two of them that knocked the monsters back. Aiming once more, this time they attacked with ice, freezing two where they had fallen next to each other, and crushing their frozen forms with a tight fist.

The last one attempted to escape in fear, but its only exit was behind the sorcerer and Link. It made a mad dash for the cave's opening despite this, only to be stopped after Raven conjured a blast of fire from both hands to burn the creature to ashes right where it stood.

With that, all of the Bokoblins had been effectively dealt with.

Raven faced Link, puffing bangs out of their face. "Come on, hero. You've earned yourself a break."

Before Link could get a good look at their face, they'd already turned their back on him again, heading towards the campfire. He shook himself out of his daze to follow, and upon noticing the pot on top of the fire, he began mentally running through the ingredients he had to cook with.