10 - Raven: A Broken Love Story (Part One)

The sunlight streamed in through the window, shining over Raven's face and gently waking her with its warmth. Her amber eyes slowly blinked, unfocused in a sleepy haze, until they finally focused on the blonde Hylian Champion's sleeping face in front of her. She softly scoffed, smirking. Of course, waking up entangled together was inevitable sleeping within such proximity. It was embarrassing, yes, but in a way, she didn't mind it too much. At least he wasn't an untrustworthy stranger.

Her fingertips feathered taps along his side, eyes intently staring as she waited for his reaction. Stirring, his arms around her stiffened, tugging her closer — the way he had the first time they'd been in this position. Then, his eyelids fluttered, and it didn't take long after that for his tired cerulean eyes to lock with hers.

A few seconds passed before the situation finally dawned on him, but instead of freaking out the way he had last time, he merely shut his eyes and sighed. His arms retracted from her so he could hide his reddening face behind his hands — but it seemed he hadn't noticed their entwined legs yet, since he didn't move his legs as well. Perhaps he wasn't yet awake enough to realize it.

The action made Raven grin; it was somewhat cute that he was flustered over something like this; compared to some other things they've said to each other, this was nothing in her eyes. It made her want to tease him — and tease him, she did. When it came to messing with Link this way, she never hesitated.

"What's wrong? Are you that embarrassed to wake up next to me? I don't bite right away, I promise," she chuckled.

"Stop it," he said, the redness on his ears worsening at her comment, only making her grin wider.

"It isn't like this is the first time it's happened, either. You would think maybe you'd be used to it by now."

"I'll kick you off this bed if you keep talking."

"You wouldn't dare. Besides, I'm the one more likely to kick you off, given the fact I chose the inside of the bed." Link only groaned in response, and Raven giggled. "Look at us," she cooed, "we're arguing like newlyweds."

"Enough," he snapped, turning over and sitting up. He tousled his messy blonde hair, attempting to smoothen them down before standing. "I'll get started on breakfast," was the only thing he had left to say as he headed down the stairs and out the door.

Raven laughed to herself as she too got out of bed, grabbing her cloak and swishing it over her shoulders in a dramatic motion. She was still giggling when she joined Link outside and sat on a log by the fire, watching him cook with an upset pout on his face.

"Oh, come on," she cooed, "you can't stay mad at me forever. I was just teasing you a little. It is my hobby, after all."

Link rolled his eyes. "You're infuriating."

She scoffed. "And yet not so much that you'd want nothing to do with me."

"Don't get me wrong, there are days I think about it, but I suppose I don't entirely despise you."

She leaned forward, cupping her face in her hands. "Oh, admit it, blondie, you like me. Otherwise, you wouldn't have offered me residency in your new home."

He sighed. "I hate you."

"No, you don't."

Finally, he glanced up at her and cracked a smile. "You're annoying, but I suppose your company is nice."

Raven's teasing expression deadpanned. "Did you have to make that a backhanded compliment, though?"

He shrugged. "I guess you're finally rubbing off on me. Maybe we should spend less time together."