Chapter 3

"Please tell me you're not doing what I think you're doing." I was awoken by the sound of an oversized rat- I mean Marie.

"Hmm?" I hummed. Before I knew it, my skin was attacked by the cold air of the morning as a result of my covers being pulled off. Very aggressively too might I add.

"Hey! What's your problem?!" I screamed at her.

"Nothing! What's the matter with you?" Marie protested, (coincidentally quoting the Lion King too-) "I told you to be ready by 5 AM! Sharp! Unless my eyes somehow deceive me, I can see that you're still in bed! Now get your ungrateful ass out of bed and into my car!"

"Geez, ok ok! I'm going. Calm down!" I exclaimed throwing on a pair of loose black cargo pants and a black turtleneck with white stars on it, not caring if Marie caught a glimpse of a certain something ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

"Also, how did you get into my house? I never gave you a key!" I inquired, now grabbing some wire star earrings.

"Don't question my ways child! It's not the first time I've had to do something of the sorts!" she glared at me with her glossy black eyes. Taking me by the hand, (ocean man) led me towards the front door where all the stuff I had packed the day prior were sitting. She practically threw my stuff at me and yelled to put it in her car and sit down and wait for her.

"I'm no dog so don't treat me like one!" I growled.

"Fine!" the girl repented, "Would you like me to talk to you like a toddler?!"

"Screw you!"

~

I knew we were approaching the airport as my stomach churned more and more. My anxiety was skyrocketing and I definitely wasn't ready for whatever was going to happen next. I mean, if you were dropped off in a foreign country without being told anything you'd be nervous too, well, any mentally stable person would be, which is definitely not the author-

"Hey, are you good? You look like you've just seen a ghost." Marie said from the front seat.

"Yeah, I've just got butterflies in my stomach." That was definitely not the case, if anything, those butterflies must've been throwing a fucking party, tearing up the place with their weirdly creepy limbs. The momentary silence was broken again by Marie who suggested, "Just think of it as being on tour, you've basically been around the world with your art on display. If it makes you feel better, just pretend it's a work trip, as much as it defeats the purpose of this vacation, as long as you feel good, it'll have somewhat the same effect."

"Thanks, but I'm more concerned about what money I'm gonna spend, because before I fell asleep I didn't put an ounce of money in any of my bags." I informed her.

"Oh don't worry about that, I went to the bank before I arrived at your house and grabbed some money." Marie reassured me.

"Again, how are you doing these types of things? Taking money from my bank account without my permission? Doesn't the bank open at 6 AM, so if you got to my house at 5 AM, how did you get the money?" I was turning this into an investigation at this point.

"Like I said, I have my ways." She responded a bit too calmly for my liking.

"Anyways, how much much money do I have to work with?" I asked, still a bit worried.

"Eh, about 10k I'd say." She replied nonchalantly.

"Excuse me? All of that for 1 trip?" I nagged

"Calm down, calm down," She repeated, "You never know what might happen, and plus, you have a net worth of 70 million, you've got money to spare."