Chapter 7

I could only feel the endless feeling of falling, falling into despair that is. I can't remember the last time I felt like this, anything remotely similar was when Ventisette went on an unexplainable hiatus, but even then, Ventisette wasn't as scared as I am now.

I woke up to a shivering cold breeze in a dark and empty room, barren of anything that would give this room life. The last thing I could fully remember was a feeling like falling into the floor, but now that I think about it, maybe I really did fall into it, I mean, how else would I explain it? After that my memory is mostly blurred flashes of places. This is actually really bad, being brought to a secondary location in a foreign country? Might as well throw out all my chances of survival.

If I didn't have this pounding headache and ringing in my ears, I probably would have taken a nap. Even while being technically kidnapped
Y/N? Yes. I think that would be something along the lines of a random phrase Marie would say. Speaking of which, I wish Marie wasn't so convincing, then I wouldn't be in this situation, but I don't blame her. Well, it's more like I can't blame her, she only had good intentions and I was the one who agreed to go. I guess it's my fault. As they say, curiosity killed the cat.

~

Miraculously, I drifted off into a light sleep, or maybe I just passed out from all the pain I was going through. Even though I was sleeping, I could still hear soft footsteps coming from above me. I was probably in a basement of sorts that would drown out any screaming or noises that I could've chosen to make, but it was futile, I was most definitely not leaving anytime soon.

The flick of a lightswitch made a singular dainty light barely light up the room in an ugly yellow light, also waking me up from an awful slumber.

"Why hello there, it's nice to see you awake again," the disturbing doctor called from the door, "I've been given orders to explain to you this whole 'fun' situation, yes?"

I didn't answer him obviously, and I don't think I ever would.

Continuing the doctor's mad speech, "You see, you are quite an important person, quite rich, and famous, this makes for good profit, and we could all use some of that. What my boss wants you to do is make him a few paintings here and there to generate an income, makes sense right? It's not so different from what you're doing now, the only minor thing that you might not like is that you don't get any of the profit!"

"I couldn't care less about the money! If you wanted one of my pieces you could buy one yourself! There's no way in hell I'd ever let you or your creepy boss have one of my artworks you ass!" I screamed at him.

The green-haired man chuckled a sinister laugh that was enough to kill, "You see, that's where you're wrong," he teased with that god forsaken laugh. He put his hand back on the light switch and turned on a different light, this one bright, making me squint my eyes like a vampire.

Once my eyes adjusted I opened them again. All around me, they were mine, all of them. They were every single piece of art that I ever published, and even some from just school art shows I used to participate in.

"My boss is quite a big fan as you can tell. He wanted to get the most exclusive paintings." Just his voice was enough to send me into an awful feeling of dread.

Whoever this man's boss was, would not let me do anything more than he demanded. However, this man was not obsessed with me, this man was obsessed with Ventisette.

~

damn cant even stick to my own schedule 😭 i mean, better early than late am i right?
I dont really got anything else to say other than thanks to @fugo_swiss_cheese for the lovely comments, I really do appriciate when people leave comments like yours 💚
(also dont bug me about super short chapters, im bad at writing ok?)
Adios, I'll see you soon!
      -El