Counting 8

Okay, I gotta admit that Nabsib has helped me twice on revising my manuscript...

The first time was when I helped him practice his lines and there was an inevitable kissing scene, and then I learned how it felt like to be kissed, then I edited my work and got compliments from the editor that my writing was even more realistic. The second time was when Nabsib offered to help, though his being overly-aggressive kinda upset me, but, once again, I learned how the bottom feels like when he's being pressed to the bed and revised my work, and got compliments from the editor.

So... I kinda feel grateful for him on the inside.

Of course, once I read her appreciative comments, I felt delighted all day long. I watched comedy shows and couldn't stop laughing even to the stupidest gag. I didn't even hesitate when Tum texted me, asking for help, and that quite surprised him.

The moment I make a turn into the alley where there stands a carved concrete slate with gold letters on black background that reads 'Faculty of International Business Administration,' my phone that was lying dead silent now vibrates vigorously. I pick it up and say hello without checking the caller's ID on the screen.

"I'm almost there."

[Why can't I see your face?]

"'Cuz I'm driving. Why the hell you always make video call?"

[Oh, really? Sorry 'bout that. I thought you arrived there earlier.]

"I wasn't driving fast. Why? He's finished classes already?"

[If there ain't anything, he should've finished the last class by now...] Apart from his voice, I also hear other noise coming through and I fear my speakers could be ruined due to that disturbance sound. Anyways, it makes me know that he's really busy at the moment. [I called him but he didn't pick up, so I thought perhaps you guys have met. I'll call him again then. Hold on.]

"Okay—Hey, Tum! No need," I immediately change my word once I see his boy in student uniform walking tall among others, "I see him now. He's here already."

I hit the turn signal and swerve my car to park beside the sidewalk. I hear Tum continue saying something else but I'm not paying attention, I just lower the window pane and shout.

"Nabsib!"

Seems like he just finished his last class of the day. He's walking out of the building, obviously waiting for Tum, I guess, because my friend just told me earlier that he told his kid he'd be here to pick him up in the evening. Since Tum only changed his plan some minutes ago, asking me to come here for him instead, Nabsib doesn't know about this. When he turns around as I called out his name, his cold expression turns into surprised.

"Mr. Gene...?"

I nod, taking off my shades and wave my hands. "You've finished all your classes?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Tum asked me to pick you up for him. He's very busy now, and he'll follow you to the set later."

He seems to understand.

"And I'm free today, so. I can give you a ride and will stay on the set with you. I'm your patron today."

"..."

Nabsib gives a tiny smile in return to my big grin as I tap on my chest joyfully.

"Okay, let's go. Get in—"

"Gene!"

A jolly voice of someone interrupts when I'm about to tell Nabsib to get in the car quickly because I'm parking at the temporary car stop.