13

Konohagakure

Sasuke looked around and saw Choji and Ino looking at Kurenai sadly. Kurenai was crying in front of Asuma's grave as she laid a red flower on it.

"Asuma Sensei. I promise to help your students avenge your death."Sasuke thought as he clenched his fist.

He looked up and wondered "Where are you Shikamaru?"

With Shikamaru

Shikamaru, a lazy genius ninja, who would often say the word 'troublesome' was lying on a roof of a shop holding the lighter. It was a brand new one which Asuma bought after he lost his old one.

He remembered how sad Asuma was when he came to Team 10 one day after he lost his lighter.

A light chuckle went out of the lazy Nara. He quickly stopped chuckling and jumped down from the roof. He decided to go home because when he arrived at the cemetery, he realised that he was too late. The cemetery was empty so he went to Asuma's grave and sat down. He lit a cigarette and kept it on the grave. A lone tear slipped out of the Nara's eyes.

At home

Shikamaru found himself brooding over the death of his sensei. He sat on the balcony of his house and looked at the scenery. He didn't even realise that it was nighttime.

Suddenly, he remembered his father's words just after the death of Naruto. 

He stood up and walked to his room. As he passed the shogi room, his father, who was sitting in it, called his name. Shikamaru immediately stopped and heard his father's word.

"Do you remember our discussion just after the Demise of Naruto?"

"Yes tou san. I request you not to come to my room for the night." Shikamaru said without bothering to look at his father.

He went to his room, closed the door and started screaming out of pain, suffering and sadness. Tears ran down from his eyes. His mouth became dry.

He slammed his hand on his shogi table breaking it into two. He punched the wall repeatedly until he became tired. He threw himself on the ground and curled up himself into a ball.

"First Naryto, now Asuma Sensei. Why is this happening to me?" Shikamaru wondered as tears fell down from his eyes.

Suddenly his vision fell upon the shogi board which he picked up along with shogi pieces and started planning for the revenge for Asuma.

Soon, the moment the sun rose, he quickly set out to meet up Choji and Ino at the BBQ.

AT BBQ

Shikamaru saw that Choji and Ino already arrived in the BBQ. He sighed and went to them.

"Hey Shikamaru, why didn't you come yesterday." Ino enquired.

"Ino, Choji, this is where we used to celebrate after each and every mission." Shikamaru said ignoring Ino.

"I don't know where you are going." Choji said.

"Come let's go and avenge Asuma." Shikamaru said with everyone nodding.

At the gates of Konoha

"Where do you think you three are going?" A familiar voice shouted as she saw the trio going out of Konoha.

Turning around they saw Tsunade and Shizune standing right in front of the them.

"Isn't it obvious? We are going to avenge Sensei's death."

"Shikamaru, Ino and Choji. I know that you are angry over the death of Asuma. But I cannot let you go without another member of your team." Tsunade said.